DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need your DSMer's help...i currently got rid of my idle surge by blocking off the EGR. Now i have another problem....something when cruising for a lil while i would hit a stop sign and press in the cluth the RPM's would drop and not be able to catch its self and the car would stall. i dont know what is causing the problem any ideas?.....i only have an intake

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
scar2012 said:
Ok i need your DSMer's help...i currently got rid of my idle surge by blocking off the EGR. Now i have another problem....something when cruising for a lil while i would hit a stop sign and press in the cluth the RPM's would drop and not be able to catch its self and the car would stall. i dont know what is causing the problem any ideas?.....i only have an intake
Try adjusting the BISS screw a little bit. Turn the idle spped up to 800 to 1,000 rpms...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since this is probably a high mileage car, it could be the idle speed controller. A coil on these can go bad which prevents it from working correctly. You described on of the symptoms. When the ISC goes bad you may also see a bouncing idle. There is no feedback from the ISC to the ECU. The ECU sees the idle drop to far, it sends a signal to the ISC, which can't do its job. I've replaced this twice on my '93 1GNT. It's an expensive part, about $260 from the dealer. Hope this helps. Bill W.

·
Registered
357 Posts
nosun66 said:
Since this is probably a high mileage car, it could be the idle speed controller. A coil on these can go bad which prevents it from working correctly. You described on of the symptoms. When the ISC goes bad you may also see a bouncing idle. There is no feedback from the ISC to the ECU. The ECU sees the idle drop to far, it sends a signal to the ISC, which can't do its job. I've replaced this twice on my '93 1GNT. It's an expensive part, about $260 from the dealer. Hope this helps. Bill W.
yea this has happened to me as well had to pay 200 bucks for a new one...when i got that replaced my MAF took a crap lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dirty throttle body, incorrect BISS setting, etc. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know this maybe sheer luck, but after i blocked mine, i took the cables off the battery for 15 minutes. It cured the stalling, but the revs still went to ~600. I just used the BISS to bring it up to 900.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm not trying to advertise for anybody, but there's a place online where you can buy reman DSM ISC motors (with a warranty too I think) for like $90 plus $15 core charge.
Just do a search, I dont wanna get in trouble for putting company names down.

My car does the same thing and I was thinking maybe it was either a bad ISC, or the wire between the closed throttle position switch was broken somewhere. The problem went away when I did the turbo conversion , then it came back after a few weeks. I think maybe when I disturbed the ECU wiring harness it might have shook the bad wire a little and made it work for a while till it vibrated back apart.
It's a long shot, but whatever.
I didn't replace the ISC or the throttle body when I did the conversion btw.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
destrux said:
I'm not trying to advertise for anybody, but there's a place online where you can buy reman DSM ISC motors (with a warranty too I think) for like $90 plus $15 core charge.
Just do a search, I dont wanna get in trouble for putting company
You'll not get in trouble for that as long as you do it in an informative way. If you do it as spamming (which I believe you won't) then trouble wil follow:p j/k man...

Feel free to post the url for the benefit of the other fellow members. I had the link to that company a while back, but deleted it by mistake...:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts