DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was idling in a parkin lot gettin ready to leave work, and all of a sudden the sound from the engine changes a bit, and my boost gauge was showin a vacuum of only 9-10 in/hg at idle. drivin home i push it a little to see what it does, boosts consistently to 10-11 psi, boost control was set to 15 psi.

the engine sounds a bit different when i rev it a bit (unless im just paranoid.. very well could be). it stills pulls normally as if it were running 10 psi (it should be at 15 though). i noticed right after it happened in the parking lot, when i revved it a bit from 2000-3000 rpm, instead of just jumpin up, in a split second it dropped 100 or so rpm before goin up.

a quick under the hood inspection turned up nothin, no easily visible vacuum lines that were disconnected or anything like that. anyone have and suggestions as to what the problem could be?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
upon the suggestion of some guys from BC DSM, i tried to check to see if the timing belt had jumped a tooth. il just copy over the follow up post from there...

hmm. i dont have the greatest hands-on knowledge with this sorta stuff, but im pretty sure i did it right... anyways, heres a pic of my cam gears (sorry about big pic)

does that look like its jumped a tooth?, it seems like theres no way the 2 middle marks would line up.. or am i supposed to be looking at the outside marks? or did i not do it right? anyway, if any of you smart people can tell if theres anything wrong in the pic, thatd be great. also, assuming the timing belt did jump a tooth, how hard/expensive is it to fix? and is it safe to drive on for now?

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts