DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

621 - 640 of 644 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Really I think they look good like that. I researched the tire size for a while everyone said 40r. Anything bigger and ill hit the control arms or at least be a little too close for comfort. Think I could do a 45 but my rims came with new falken 215/40r/18's. And to pitch some nice new falken tires would be a shame. Plus when I go to shows I can drop it way down.
40 would be fine if you were running a 235/245 tire, but since you are only at 215, I think a 45 would look better.

As long as you are happy that is all that matters.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Here's my daily for this summer :)

Lowered on dark red spring lol don't know the brand ... They came on the 1gen 2LiterRiceEater gave me :D
Those are Volk AV3's, right? Did you find a set of Volk lugnuts for them or did you find something else that fit?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Those are Volk AV3's, right? Did you find a set of Volk lugnuts for them or did you find something else that fit?
Yes they are AV3, real Volk Racing 2 piece wheels here :D

Yep I bought a set of Rays lug and yesterday I reveived my set of Rays lock nut ... Can you believe the lug cost me more than the wheels !? :dunno:

The angle for the seat seems to be special, I posted a pic in my GSR-4 thread in the lounge. I would not run those wheels without the Rays lug.

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
Wow, the GVR4 is looking great Mike!

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
Thanks guyz. :D Continuous work in project. Doing some minor maintenance and tuning over the winter. :) My end goal is to get this car into the 9's in full street trim (aka not stripped and full exhaust) with a 5spd. Very hard and not many have done it in the Galant.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Fast with class. I love seeing what the OGs put together man. I hope I do good by the OGs with my talon. Full interior, A/C, power steering, street car that traps 130mph.

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
Car does not have AC though. Bought it like that even though I would have taken it out since space in a GVR4 is very limited for a decent sized turbo and a full radiator. Running the AFCO in the AC condensor location to give me more room.

That's the way to go CrackedDSM! :)

621 - 640 of 644 Posts