DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since any f-body kill is a great kill, at least to me, I thought I would post this up. However, I almost felt bad for the guy in the SS after beating him but we'll get to that later.

Well I finally had to car tuned well and everything seemed to be going well so I decided to go to the track. This requires me to pick up my car from my parents house and this is where the kill takes place. I decided to go to the track this last saturday so I decided to pick up my car and make sure everythign was running good the night before on friday. On my way home it was a pretty uneventfull drive, just as I think the night is lost everything changes in a second.

As I pull up to the light at the end of the offramp waiting to make my left turn. I notice the very recognizable light pattern of an ls1 camaro(I recognized it becuase I see them in my rear view very often :D ). Since I am constantly looking for people to race I never really count a car a victim till I am able to get a look at the driver so I wasn't really expecting to race this guy. The street going to my apartment building is about 3 miles long with only two stop signs for the whole street being in the first two blocks. I casually make my left turn into the far right lane on my street and the camaro quickly takes the left lane but still not seeming to want a race. As I pull up to the stop sign I look over and see a guy who seemed to be in his mid 30's looking over at me. I also noticed that he had a slightly louder than normal exhaust tone. I take off from the first stop sign casually trying not to attract the attention of any cops in the area. Well as my previously mentioned that I had noticed his exhaust tone, I was correct to notice that this guys exhaust was pretty damn loud.

Upon arriving at the second stop sign I see the guy just starring at me from his car. I was beggining to think I might just get into a race with this guy. I take off normally from the next stop light and the guy is just right there with me, he won't budge from being lined up directly with me. I keep it in first gear on purpose trying to lure him into racing me. Well luck may have it that it actually worked. Without warning the guy just punches it, well first and second, hell even third gear are usually useless to me on street tires but I nail it anyway. Wham! before I even new it I was on the rev limiter in first, The guy is still about a 1/4 car ahead of me. Go for second hoping I don't miss and I don't. Again, i'm on the limiter nearly at the same time the gas was just pushed to the floor. By this time I am dead even with this guy, even spinning the tires I was pulling. Hit third with a decent shift, and the guy gains about a 1/4 car due to me boggind down fromnot being at speed but boucing of the rev limiter due to spinning the tires. Full boost finally hits and within a second I am bus lenghts on the poor camaro, It was seriously ridiculous I didn't even know were he went and I looked in my rearview and he was there. I shift into 4th and pull a bit just to add insult to injury and coast the rest of the way to my house.

I gave the guy the thumbs up when he drove be me but I couldn't even get the guy to look over at me but that's life. I almost felt bad for a second seeing that I don't know how I would feel if I was 30 something with a "fast" car and I just got molested by some "punk ass" young kid. But I got over it fairly quickly because I was going to the track the next day and I was glad mty car was running good because it always seems to have somethign wrong with it right before I am supposed to go to the track.

By the way I ended up running a [email protected] spinning the slicks in first and second.

Disclaimer: The cockiness isn't my usual character I just thought I would add some life to the story. I very much like f-bodies almost bought one, I deffinately know there potential seeing that a good 9 of my friends own them and we all have a friendly competition amongst us. So far I am the fastest of the group by my buddy just got his H/C setup complete and tuned so he should be some good competition untill I get my meth injection and up the boost another 10psi or so.

Mods to keep down future questions: tnetics "super" 50 trim, built 6bolt/tranny, hks cams, 1000cc injetors, and aem ems as the bigger mods. Running 23psi on 91 I made 402 just a couple weeks ago.

All coments welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sherloc123 said:
if you ever get tired of your car just drop it off at my house

haha thanks, don't worry I have been very close to doing somethign like this or pushing it off a cliff many a time now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts