DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track this morning, with a couple of my mustang buddies,and these two kids with SS started talking trash about mustangs and imports... They were bragging about how their cars are the fastest car for under 50k (besides the big brother Z06). This kid was really getting under my skin saying mustangs can't even break into the 13s, and imports quit trying over in the staes. To his credit he did run a 13.0 @108, and his buddy pulled a 13.2 @107 with 2.1 60ft.. They both popped hoods and other confirmed that both were stock. Is guess my question is there any car faster than an LS1 stock??

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hemi 'Cudas are pretty damn fast stock.

The Ferrari 550 Maranello is faster than 13s stock :D

What about the '03 Cobra?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are alot of cars faster stock. Obviously your top end sports cars like ferrari's and lambos, BUT for under 30 grand NO. The f-bodys are by far the best dollar for dollar performers under 30 grand. Low 5 0 to 60's and depending on whos driving of couse low to mid 13's stock. And there is plenty of aftermarket to get these cars into the low 12's with about 3 grand into them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
defbear said:
There are alot of cars faster stock. Obviously your top end sports cars like ferrari's and lambos, BUT for under 30 grand NO. The f-bodys are by far the best dollar for dollar performers under 30 grand. Low 5 0 to 60's and depending on whos driving of couse low to mid 13's stock. And there is plenty of aftermarket to get these cars into the low 12's with about 3 grand into them.
You said alot of cars are faster but you 've named one...And 12s are very fesable with the right drive in a Stock LS1. The stripper Z seems to get there the easiest. I've already had to stick my food in my mouth twice at the track because I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own two eyes

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Z06, GT2 awd tt porsche.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Under 30K.. new obviously ... otherwise now its a dead issue..
Camaro Stands Alone...

R.I.P.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Darkstang said:

Obviously you didn't any of my post
Cmon I see those for under 30K everyday ;) :p

Wait a minute..a Post we agree on.. :eek: LMAO

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 fast POS said:
check here and find out for yourself.http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?ID1=45&ID2=21 tons of cars track times. No offense Darkstang but the Corvettes, Z28s, Trans Ams, and Comaro SS, walk on Mustangs. Ford needs to consider that the next time the design a Mustang.
And this is why thread start with one topic and end with another.. First off all have you ever heard of the 03 Cobra??
Second, I'm well aware that the LS1 are quicker than GT stangs, but it quicker than your car to;) Stock that is

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Considering the very limited market that makes up the US its not much to brag about. If it was a open automobile market then I could name a few.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ford Definately Owns with that 03 Cobra.. :eek:

Gotta get a damn Z06 just to beat it out....

C5 stock isnt going to stock the Cobra..now thats scary!

·
Registered
787 Posts
S8ER95Z said:
Ford Definately Owns with that 03 Cobra.. :eek:

Gotta get a damn Z06 just to beat it out....

C5 stock isnt going to beat the Cobra..now thats scary!
Wow..Think I was drunk when I typed that... Sorry

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RNN14GTI-R said:
Considering the very limited market that makes up the US its not much to brag about. If it was a open automobile market then I could name a few.
Not much to brag about?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yeah Ok,
What few could you name? That don't cost an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Holden makes a few, Evo7, Delfino Feroce, Lotus Elise, Ford still makes the Falcon and then there are the cars that are very close to that market like the Peugots, BMW, GTR, STI WRX, FD3S, Supra, Audi S4 and if you add in the worldwide used car market then it gets really ugly, Soarer, Chaser, Verossa, FC RX7, GTI-R, Evos 1-6, older Supra Rs, Stagea RS model, R33 GTS-T Skyline, Monte Carlo Edition GVR4, GC8 body STI WRXs and the Legacy turbo. I'd imagine if the US paid $4 a gallon for gas there would be a quick demise of the SUV and V8 car market in the US.

·
Registered
787 Posts
RNN14GTI-R said:
Holden makes a few, Evo7, Delfino Feroce, Lotus Elise, Ford still makes the Falcon and then there are the cars that are very close to that market like the Peugots, BMW, GTR, STI WRX, FD3S, Supra, Audi S4 and if you add in the worldwide used car market then it gets really ugly, Soarer, Chaser, Verossa, FC RX7, GTI-R, Evos 1-6, older Supra Rs, Stagea RS model, R33 GTS-T Skyline, Monte Carlo Edition GVR4, GC8 body STI WRXs and the Legacy turbo. I'd imagine if the US paid $4 a gallon for gas there would be a quick demise of the SUV and V8 car market in the US.
HA.. think of your poor asses that would need 104 octane to compeat ;) MUHAHAHA I would just keep the Z .. honestly high 20's for mpg is nothing to bitch about

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RNN14GTI-R said:

Not one of those cars that you named are under 35k U.S. $.. Some of these car's I can't even beleive you named...Skyline is an 80k car; Supra R??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You're really reaching now

PS, an LS1s are faster than most of those that you listed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Under $35k, hhmmmm lets see.

I'll take a $2500 used gen1 awd and a $1000 parts budget and roll Zs and Stangs all day long on 94octane. I'll even eat up the vettes and cobras well I'm at it (sorry the 03 cobra doesn't exsist in my world yet). Thats $3500, oops I still have another zero that I forgot about.

Hey no disrespect guys, but dollar for dollar the DSM owns.............

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
RNN14GTI-R said:

the Lotus Elise?
isn't that the tiny one that they had in race trim(stripped and caged) race a 100% stock C5?

and the C5 passed the Elise and kept walking and walking?

The Audi s4? Are you kidding? 250hp???

now the new rs6 OMFG that thing will kill most 911's
apparently the mod chip for it will produce something INSANE like 600hp(i think)

Supra's. Only the american models can hang with the ls1's. And even then the mk4's get walked most of the time. Even put that question up on the suprafourms and you'll get the same response.

As much as i'd like to see it, the Evo and STi that will hit the states will not run a 12. The emissions and weight they have to add, i'd be happy to see a mid-low 13 out of one.

Put the ls1 out in Europe WITHOUT the emission restrictions, extra safety stuff and see what times it will run, my guess is that it would hang with some VERY expensive cars. .

This is stock trim for not alot of money. We're not talking, oh well if this DSM only cost 18,000 new, then I add the 5 grand in mods to equal the ls1's price NONONO
stock vs stock
you will be hard pressed to find a vechile that can run a high 12 for 22k.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.