DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting in a bmtranny or phantom grip lsd into a non-turbo? If anyone here has done it, into their *non-turbo*, I would more than appreciate your review. Thanks!

*I'd also like to note I have my tranny out right now...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lsd

Man putting a LSD in you car will give such a launch my friends 95 gs has the Quife LSD I was Very impressed plus it has a life time warrenty if you have a 420a motor and your tranny is out you either shattered the stock Differential or input shat an upgrade is called that because it is an upgrade better that stock and if you are doing it your self you relize that it suck pulling the tranny out so fix once fix right

·
Honorary Moderator
1,969 Posts
Yes!
I used to drive a 92 Sentra SE-R with a LSD. My current 99 Sentra 2.0 does not have one. My roommate's 01 Sentra 2.0 has it. So having driven all 3 I can say it is a great feature. Nice for turns and peeling out, leave 2 stripes not one:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup my stock differential exploded. I don't have the time on my hands to do it myself (with school and job while not at school), otherwise I'd do it myself (I've done clutch replacements before). I'm already putting in a C.M. Stage I clutch a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, but you think I should also go ahead and put an LSD on? I have a limited budget, but if it's gonna make my differential stronger I will surely want to do it...

Which would you recommend, a Phantom Grip or to more inexpensive bmtranny one?

·
Honorary Moderator
1,969 Posts
Ok,
I really don't know anything about the BM tranny one at all.
I guess the Phantom seems like a good deal, b/c it is cheap compared to a Quaife or Ralliart one. But the Phantom Grip isn't a true LSD like those, not saying it doesn't produce similar results though. And I have no idea if it will make your diff. stronger or not. I would say, check in the Gen Tech, as I am sure there are some turbo guys that have done one or the other, that have a ton more knowledge than myself. Good luck, and post your findings here, as I am sure many are curious about this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you want the "effects" of a LSD, with the strength of the unit being no better than stock, go with a PG, if you want a real LSD, go with a Quaife, the difference in price between the two is greater than 1grand...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts