DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently ordered the software + hotsync cable + aldl cable from pocketloggers.com. I also bought a m130 palm to log with off ebay, so I didn't have to worry about the batteries draining and having to reload the software. So now I'm trying to set everything up and can not get my palm to sync to the computer? I'm running Windows XP, I already dowloaded the software off of palm.com. Hotsync is open, local serial and usb are both checked from the taskbar screen.

I've looked through many threads already between here and tuners and have tried everyway I could to get this sucker to work. I hard-started it and followed palm.com trouble shooting and still no luck. I keep constantly getting the same "The connection between your handheld computer and desktop could not be established. Please check your setup". WTF?? I tried reinstalling the software, two different docking stations, aswell as all 3 different usb ports on my comp. Still, nothing. The only other thing I read that I'm not sure about is a PalmConnect USB Kit? I checked it out but I do not understand why I would need something like that.

Has anyone been through this that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What is the PalmConnect® USB Kit used for?
The PalmConnect® USB Kit enables you to connect your Palm™ handheld to a Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on a Macintosh or PC.
* USB to serial adapter cable

a serial cable is the old 9 pin one

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hand1222000 said:
Set the Com Port in the Software to the COM Port you are using. Then try again. I had a Palm 125 the Hotsync cable from the palm was bad. And not
making connect with the palm.
I'm not using the hotsync cable to connect up to the computer, I'm using the cradle. Like I said, I tried switching COM1 and COM3 ports to see if either would work and nope, nothing.

evoir said:
What is the PalmConnect® USB Kit used for?
The PalmConnect® USB Kit enables you to connect your Palm™ handheld to a Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on a Macintosh or PC.
* USB to serial adapter cable

a serial cable is the old 9 pin one
Yes, thats why I didn't understand why I would need one:dunno: I have the USB ports already.

empie1 said:
Get rid of that Palm.I had it and it was nothing but a pain in the ass.
So you've had this happen to? Which palm did you switch over to? I don't understand why it's giving me all this trouble.

I knew I shouldn't of punked out and just went with link from the start:chair:

Thanks for all your replies BTW.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
empie1 said:
I bought dsmlink.The logger is annoying.
+1 to that, I wish I had the funds to do it.

On anohter note, still no luck with this POS. I think I'm going to try calling up palm and see if one of their support people can help me out. I don't know how thats going to go, but I still can't figure out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*Update*

I finally figured out what was going on and would like to post it for anyone now or in the future that is searching for an answer.

Basically you go to your device manager (you'll know which screen this is if you've been trouble shooting). Basically it's right click on my computer, go to properties, than device manager and boo-yah you're there. Now press hotsync on your palm and a yellow question mark pops up with a line next to it saying "unknown" (orr something like that), and then there is a sub-line that says "palm handheld" (another "or something like that"). Anyways right click the sub-line while they're up, because they will only be up during hotSync, and then click uninstall. Then once it dissapears and you get your b.s. "connection can not be established" screen, hotsync again and it will work!

Finally I can start logging my car! Good luck to anyone else trying to get this resolved!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.