DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,001 ·
Re: MacGSX's Build 2009 **56K beware**

Slapped the old head on... Its funny I see people ask about putting MLS gaskets on their cars with the shittiest surfaces and here I am with two mirrors worried it's not clean enough. I must have wiped everything down 40-50 times before putting it together. OEM MLS gasket with copper spray and ARP L19's torqued to 90 ft/lbs. Went together like butter.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,011 ·
Gonna finish sanding the bay and paint it myself. Send it off to get the body painted. Drop the motor I still have in and see what she does. Not going to wild. I'm going more for beautiful and fast now rather than just all go and no show. It's a money pit and I know it but I can't let go haha.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,276 Posts
Thats going to clean up awesome, no rust at all and the factory paint and primer are still intact.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Awesome to see any kind of progress being made. This was one of my favorite DSMs bar none.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,018 ·
Put some work in today. First time in a long time. This was my very first time ever painting. Learned a lot. Made a few rookies mistakes but overall I'm happy.

Selfie

Ghetto paint booth

Primer

Base no clear.

Finished product.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,020 ·
I'm never actually going to get rid of it. It's pretty much rust free and it's good to have something to tinker with. My plans have changed a lot though. I'm no longer going for uber fast and empty. Now I want it to look beautiful and be quick. Just something to take out and cruise with. High 10s is all I'm shooting for anymore.

Jordan

1001 - 1020 of 1055 Posts