DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,022 ·
It's so nice that I have all the time in the world to take it slow and do everything the right way for once. I'm trying to pay as much attention to the small details that I can. Right down to spraying the rusty bolts, nuts and hardware black.

Even though it's looking messy right now lol. Every brake line in the front has been replaced with the braided hose. Only hard lines right now are from the proportion valve to the rear. ABS delete kit really cleans up the lines.

Jordan

·
Registered
108 Posts
I read this from start to finish a couple days ago.
This needs to get going again, it's like a book that had the last chapter ripped out, I'm dying to know how this ends.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Haha, thanks! I wish I could get it done faster but I have a wedding to pay for in 2016 so money is tight, especially it being Christmas time. But updates will be coming soon when I get my SMIM back from being reflanged.

Jordan

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought a red 95 Talon the other day instead of a similarly priced black one because I was feeling inspired. I think your next step should be to upgrade your front mount and send me that junky old one.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Looks great! As for the bolts and nuts, I've almost replaced all of the visible ones with brand new looking gold zinc ones from various mitsubishis. All I do is just go under the dash and take all of them haha.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,031 ·
Haven't done any actual work lately but I have sent out my injectors to be cleaned by FIC and also sent my SMIM to JMFab to have the throttle body flange redone. I'm switching from the Q45 to the S90 throttle body. I was never happy with the Q45. I had three of them on the car and all leaked.

I also just purchased new carpet tonight from Stockinteriors.com. I'm hoping the product lives up to the reviews I've read.

I'm hoping to have my cage ordered tonight as well. I'm just trying to decide between a couple of pre fab kits online.

Jordan

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Let me know how that carpet turns out. I have always wanted to replace the carpet in one of my older to vehicles to see how much of a difference it makes. What did that run you?

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
Let me know how that carpet turns out. I have always wanted to replace the carpet in one of my older to vehicles to see how much of a difference it makes. What did that run you?

$137 shipped. Quality seems decent and as far as I can tell from it just sitting in my kitchen, the pre-mold seems rather accurate.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
Finally got the fiav gasket to put the block of plate on. And finally made the gasket for my new S90 throttle body. It's amazing how much smaller this S90 is than my previous Q45, but hopefully it seals much better.

I also got that corner of the AC bracket off for the spacer needed. Thanks to those who posted in that thread.

And it's finally ready.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 ·
I'm on vacation after tonight so I'm hoping to have the car almost ready to run soon. Putting the motor in this weekend.

Bought some new toys as well. Going with the ACT 2900 with a solid 4 puck and a new ACT flywheel. Stiff pedal and harsh engagement ftw, lol.

Jordan

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Nice! I just purchased a new s90 as well. It seems like a very quality piece and definitely a huge improvement from my stock 2g tb LOL. I'm working on building up the head now.

Shootout?

1021 - 1040 of 1055 Posts