DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1041 - 1055 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
I'm not sure yet about the shootout. It'll be a last minute thing if we go. It's the weekend before our wedding sooooo... Lol. It also depends on how the car is running and if I have gotten it painted. Money is tight saving for the big day.

Jordan

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 · (Edited)
Progress.

Before:

After:

Up close the paint isn't perfect, it was my first time, but the color honestly came out so nice, I'm in love with it. I can't wait till the body gets a fresh paint job as well.

The transmission would be on but I couldn't find red loc tite for the flywheel bolts or the bolts for the trans flex plate and starter so hopefully tonight I can scrounge them up.

Jordan.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What did you use to paint it? Rattle can, paint gun? Etc

Looks good though :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks great man! I just paid to have a car / engine bay painted this past summer, so I can appreciate the work that went into doing that yourself.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
Little parts review in the build thread here. Avid racing motor mounts, yea they suck, don't buy them.

Haha, just kidding, they did however take me two days to get installed. They are the race version and are solid. Took a lot of finagling to get them bolted in, to include using an engine lift/strap to move the motor and trans around. I also managed to get a few chips in the paint from tools flying :( But everything is finally bolted up!

Jordan.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,048 ·
I'm really trying to make it out. Really. Lol.

I'm currently working on my least favorite thing to do. The electrical.

Now that I switched to the S90 from the Q45 I need to solder the OEM tps sensor plug back onto the harness. It was a miracle I found it. Luckily I throw everything that comes off the car into one of those 5gal bucket organizers. I just wish I left myself a slightly longer pigtail :(

And after 5 years of being apart, identifying all the plugs has been a feat. Luckily tuners has a nice write up of all the plugs found on a 2gb harness. It has helped wonders.

Jordan.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,052 ·
Well, it's not looking good. Turned the engine over a few dozen times and then drained the oil. Unfortunately the oil had very very very fine glitter in it. Nothing a magnet could pick up but nonetheless, something wrong with the bottom.

The plan now is to start it up and let it run to see how it sounds, then drain the oil again and check the filter.

Sigh.

Jordan.

1041 - 1055 of 1055 Posts