DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people

Any suggestions on which are best for a heavily modded 95 AWD? I'll be using them with a DIS-2 ignition if that makes any difference.

Thanx plenty!

------------------
Cya O!
SPOOLIN!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gstagno/index.htm

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
The Magnecore 8.5 wires are the most often recommended wires for our cars. I have been using them for 3 years with no gripes.

·
Registered
491 Posts
NKG's ... they fit and last mucher better than the Magnecore's. I know quite a few people who complain about the boots coming off, not fitting, and and the wires failing on them. I've had my boost slip off, too. The previous NKG's I had were a lot better.

------------------
-------------
1993 Forest Talon AWD - modified

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I have also heard that Magnecor will blame your car if something goes wrong with their wires. I have never run them so I can't personally say. I guess they do not withstand oil well. It is for this reason that I do not have them. I too, am looking for good, reasonably priced wires.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah I am looking for good wires... I heard Magnecor being recommended at a bunch of DSM vendor sites... but NGK has those cool wires that are like twice as much money and have the built in capacitor stuff... better sparks and that stuff... anyone know more about the wires I am talking about?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Been using Magnecores and havent had a problem yet on my 2gen. Used NGK on 1st gen and they melted. Might have had a bad set.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Speaking of spark plug wires.....I've seen these new Carbon Fiber spark plug wires in some car magazines. What the hell is that? It says that the core is carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is conductive????? It seems that more and more things are being made from this stuff. Like brake pads too. WTF is goin on with this? Is this the miracle material that can be used for everything? :)

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT http://www.geocities.com/trueracers

[This message has been edited by 4G63Rydah (edited September 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I just bought some Accel 300+ Thundersport wires for my car today. They are 8mm, extremely low resistance, double silicone construction, rated at 550 degrees F, Kevlar/ferro-spiral core, and made vehicle specific. Only $50.00 at Perp Boys. I will post a review when I've had them on for a while.
Just thought I'd let everybody know. If anybody has used these before, please let me know your opinion.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm running magnecores right now and I have no problem with them. Before the magnecores I had accel thundersport wires, I never had a problem with those either. Actually my old accel wires are on Albert's car (DSM Hawaii founder) and he's running good with them.

Wich ones are better? Honestly I don't know, When I switched to the magnecores the car felt with a better idle and I gained a bit more of mpg's, but that's normal because I put new plugs along with the wires. Performance wires with stock ignition don't do crap. One of our club members has a heavily modded (potential 11 sec) '98 Talon and he's running stock wires.

------------------
'92 Talon TSi FWD
K&N cut air can, DDP mbc @ 15 psi
[email protected] 2.5 60ft

[This message has been edited by TSi92 (edited September 23, 2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts