DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being that there is no producer of quality rear control arms for our cars I went ahead and got ahold of Terry at maximal performance. They specialize in 3000gt vr4 parts and make adjustable rear arms for the 3kgt platform. After taking some measurements I emailed Terry, and a few weeks later I got a set of arms in the mail. At a first glance the quality of the arms is excellent. The shaft of the arm is large enough for the heavy vr4, almost being overkill for the dsm. The balljoint end comes with a fitting to grease and is the perfect size. The inner arm comes will all the right pieces and fits in the rear frame channel perfectly. There is no gap at all and once tightened down there is no slop at all. Adjustment is quick and easy. With an adjustable wrench and your bare hand you can spin the shaft to make it longer or shorter. These will be able to take care of just about any rear camber problem encountered by lowering springs. I just sent Terry these same pics today of the install. I told him that these would sell no problem, especially if I could get him to do a group by effort. Please let me know what you guys think these. He sells these for the 3kgt for about 160 a set. Im hoping to get it down a little if I can show him that the interest is there.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If the price is right, I'm down for it. I have been looking for the rear suspension for sometime now.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hell, $160 is a good price considering how much those bearing ends are running these days...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a possibility. Id have to take some more dimensions and than have another set of test pieces made up. Im still waiting to hear on what the price will be for the uppers. Once thats setup will move to the lowers.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but this will solve the rear toe problems yes? If so I am very intrested.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its toeing in because of negative camber than yes. These are designed solely to adjust rear camber. It might however fix the tow being that the tire will stand up straighter and not cause the active toe link to flex.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok fellas, I know it took awhile but these arms are finally for sale. You can contact Terry at [email protected]. The price is 130 a set shipped. Hes working on trying to become a supporting vendor of the site but is just too busy working on his own company to do so. These are worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
DAMN IT!! why is it some of the parts I have wanted for years are coming out when I am broke, but when I had plenty of cash to throw away......*sigh* damn it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The deal is amazing. Worth every penny. It should have never taken this long for someone to come up with a pair of these. Buy them up before he bumps the price or stops selling them.

·
Registered
426 Posts
boosted90awd said:
Ok fellas, I know it took awhile but these arms are finally for sale. You can contact Terry at [email protected]. The price is 130 a set shipped. Hes working on trying to become a supporting vendor of the site but is just too busy working on his own company to do so. These are worth every penny.
Damn Jason, that deal isn't bad. I will be trying to order some here really soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As you guys start to get these installed Id like you to comment on what you think of them in this thread. Its the only real way for me to get these out there. I already got an infraction on dsmtuners because I made this exact same post and somehow it was a group buy? Well thats rediculous. These are for anyone who wants them. No signing up. You email and he does the rest for you. Check out maximal performance, so hopefully he will become a supporting vendor for the community.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Just wanted to let you know all the orders I received have shipped out. I also have plenty of parts in stock now so these will be going right out to anyone else wanting them.

I'm working on becoming a supporting vendor so hopefully in a little while I can get a group buy up for these. In addition I'm looking into making a few other custom DSM parts since these seemed to take off pretty well.

Thanks for the support guys.

Terry

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got mine today and put them on. First of all Terry's communication was excellent, second the kit is very nice and everything fits tight. The inner washers that replace the centric washers fit tight in the old centric washer hole and the ball joint fits tight like oem. All parts are grade 8 and the inner bolt appears to be stainless steel grade 8.

One thing I personally would've like to seen is a nut welded to the ends of the tubing so you can hold it better when tightening the lock nuts. Is there a reason you do not do this, I am far from being a designer/fabricator and was just curious?

I will post back whenever I get it aligned and get a few passes on them.

Great work,

Jason

·
Registered
372 Posts
I aligned the car today and as mentioned above everything worked/fit well, however a welded nut on both ends of the tube would make alignment 10x's easier. In my experience you can only loosen the nuts by putting pliers on the tube to keep it from spinning since the nuts do not oppose in direction. Either way these allowed alot of extra adjustment.

Thanks again and hopefully I can hit the track asap.

Jason

1 - 20 of 43 Posts