DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I asked this question on another forum and someone said it might be crankwalk.. ok my shut itself off when I did a sharp turn..twice in about a month or so..both times they were pretty sharp turns.. Someone said it sounds like crankwalk.. my car has about 110k miles on it..it's a 95 GST..anyone know what it could be..i don't hear ANY noises coming from my car..my RPMs don't slip when i push the clutch in..could it be my power steering belt or something? Maybe it's rubbing on something when i take a sharp turn? Also.. i read another post and someone said that don't put your foot on the clutch at lights and in traffic? What does this do? so only step on the clutch when it's in gear? Sometimes when i'm at a light and the road is flat..i have my foot on the clutch and brake while it's in 1st gear so i can just let off the brake and give it gas to go.. and sometimes when going around curves i get out of gear into neutral and step on the clutch so i can put it into gear whenever..thanks for the help.. later

Mark
95 gst

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,495 Posts
dont know of cw causing the car to shut off during a turn. This could be something as simple as your battery cables being loose.

Have your crankshaft end play measured. That will let you know if you are walking or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts