DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried hooking it up both ways and did the same thing both times i let off right away when i found out it was going back down to 22psi after shooting up to 30. I did the wastegate acutator test and it would jump up to 19 or 20 psi and then drop back down to like 15 in that range. The modifications i have done are apexi downpipe greddy catback exhaust, injen intake, magnicore plug wires, ngk irridium plugs, greddy type s blow off valve, b&m fuel pressure regulator, holley 255lph fuel pump, rc racing 550cc injectors ready to be put in, b&m short shifter, shifter bushings, polyurathane motor mount inserts, autometer air/fuel, boost 30-0-30, and oil pressure gauge and an hks turbo timer. If you could help me with this problem it would be great right know im guessing i need a new wastegate acutator but would it even be worth getting it cause i plan on getting a 16g sometime in the future. I'm leaving the mbc off and running the hose from the turbo housing to the wastegate. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
?
LMAO - get rid of that T25 and get a real turbo...
Thats not very helpful or constructive now is it (no matter how true it is)? :rolleyes:

Have you tried hooking up the stock BCS and see whats happening? If it behaves normally at that point, then it is your controller. Perhaps your mbc spring is too stiff. Are you getting spike or creep? With a free flowing exhaust, creep can be a problem, but is different from spike. How much boost do you get when running the hose from the outlet nipple to the actuator?

·
Registered
336 Posts
venom42 said:
?
Thats not very helpful or constructive now is it (no matter how true it is)? :rolleyes:

Have you tried hooking up the stock BCS and see whats happening? If it behaves normally at that point, then it is your controller. Perhaps your mbc spring is too stiff. Are you getting spike or creep? With a free flowing exhaust, creep can be a problem, but is different from spike. How much boost do you get when running the hose from the outlet nipple to the actuator?
True... my apologies... That T25 is too pathetic to hold up to the mods you have. Get rid of it. Its now the bottleneck in your system.

·
Registered
336 Posts
venom42 said:
He is right. Send it off to Forced Perf. for them to upgrade it to the T28.

BTW - great sig. XakEp:rockon:
The T28 is great for the mods this guy already has, although I would get a Big 16G if I were him..

And thanx, I love my sig. Its true too...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im pushin like 15-16 with the bcs hooked up. But first it shoots up to like 20, then goes back down.
how much is the upgraded t-28?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wastegate acutator test is when you run the hose from the turbo nipple right to the wastegate and it should be running 9-12psi, depending on the mods. Thats what i read anyway.

Should i get that t/28 or the big16g that they make?
What do i need to get ported besides the o2 sensor, do you think i need to get the exhaust manifold ported also?

Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
430 Posts
How is MBC hooked up. I had mine hooked to the turbo compressor nipple on my t-25 and it spiked to about 19psi then droped to 15 psi.

A couple days ago I was reading that some people had switched their MBC to hook up to the BOV and that stopped the spiking. So anyway, I did this yesterday and now the boost is rock solid on 15 psi; and no spike. :D Now I can floor it without a spike.

I dont understand why this worked, but it did. :confused: I thought that this would give more of a spike because the pressure has to work its way up your intake into the manifold and back down to the MBC to activate it, and during this time the turbo would be still spinning.

If anybody knows why this stopped the spiking please let me know.

The only thing I can think of is that the BOV line is a 1/4" and the turbo nipple uses a 3/16" line. The 1/4" line will move more volume of air at the same pressure, therefore activating the wastegate easier at the same pressure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts