DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These races are in the order of how they happend.

I was driving my friend's 92 Integra GS-R when I raced the M3. My friends GS-R is a quick car, capable of about a low 15, high 14 timeslip. Anyways. I picked his car up becuase I was going to do suspension work on it the next morning while he was at school, and I was on my way home about 10pm. I live in South Bend Indiana, right by the HUUGE tire rack warehouse where almost all of the orders are shipped from. Normally sitting at the tirerack are countless M3's (all modded), countless IS300's, a handful of M5's, a couple Astin Martins, some Viper GT-S's, carrera 4's, you get the picture :cool: Anyways as I was driving my this guy in a 98 M3 slammed on some awesome looking wheels pulls out behind me and follows me on to the road I turned on. He is behind me driving normally, so I slow down a bit and get next to him. I look over and pop a rev, and he nods. I downshift at let the revs hang at about 5500 in 2nd (VTEC engages at 5700) then take off after honking the horn 3 times, and he dosent go. Confused I slow back down to talk to him, but then I look ahead and see a red light waiting for us :D. We hit the light, and both pop a few revs to show interest in racing. But across the intersection, a cop flys out and pulls over someone who just turned left! shit! Well maybe next time. About 10 miles later down the road, we both come rolling up to a light that is about to turn green and gun it. I pulled on him through first and second gear, but then he walked away like I was nothing at third. That car was very fast. When I talked to him down the road, he said he was shocked I actually hung with him, cause he has run mid 13's at the track! He said he was chipped, and had an axle back exhaust. Maybe the gsr is faster than i thought. well not a dsm race, but anyways, on to the others.

I was in my talon for this one. I was driving on the same stretch of road the next night and i see a laser turbo sittiing at a red light all alone :D So i go up next to it and its an old lady!! Me, being a gentlemen and not a dumbshit, am not going to instigate a race with an old lady in a DSM. The light turns green, and she takes off slow, so do i. She looks over and waves (you know, the fellow DSM driver wave) then guns it! (auto) so i gun it and pull on her then pass. I know it wasnt a race, but funny nonetheless.

Later that night, I was with two of my friends in the Talon, and we were out on the way to Hacienda to get a bite to eat. As I was driving, I was lookin around for somebody to race, just cause I was in the mood to I guess. I look in the rear view mirror, and see some low, wide HID headlights coming up next to me. It was a brand new shiny silver 350z! I get an ear to ear grin, and get next to him, we look at him and give him the thumbs up, and he smiles and gives the thumbs up back. He pops a rev at me, then takes off with some authority. Me being bone stock except a 95 manifold couldnt really put up too much of a fight from a roll. I look ahead and we catch a light. He looks over and smiles, and gives a nice rev (sounded awesome). I rev it up to about 5500, and get ready to launch at let my friends experience their first AWD launch. The ligth turns green and he guns it, but by the time he got on it, I was already at the other side of the intersection from my launch. After the launch, he just stopped trying cause I was so far ahead! I know its not a full race but still, he quit cause I was ahead, so I consider it a kill. Had he kept going he would have got me, but I showed him that an "old" car can still keep up with a new one. He drove by giving the thumbs up and mouthed "damn" then drove off :D
I love AWD :D :D :D Sorry for the length, but these were my first races in quite some time and thought id share.

·
Registered
543 Posts
nice kills man, that cracks me up that the old lady actually wanted to race. :D most all of my family come from south bend, indiana..we had a family reunion their last year at Potato Creek campground (i think its called) we've had those every 4 years for like decades now. too bad i live in WA, or i'd bring my talon to the reunion and have a nice lil race with ya :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
My Gram would have raced you, too. For a 79 year old lady, she really can kick some ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts