DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know of a tuning shop tri state area (nj, pa,de) that can help me get my car tuned correctly. Unfortunatly I listened to a friend and had him install mega squirt It seems like a good stand alone set up but I can't find anybody to tune it. I have all the software in my lap top. the car is running ok but not nearly @ full potential.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
mr mitsu said:
does anybody know of a tuning shop tri state area (nj, pa,de) that can help me get my car tuned correctly. Unfortunatly I listened to a friend and had him install mega squirt It seems like a good stand alone set up but I can't find anybody to tune it. I have all the software in my lap top. the car is running ok but not nearly @ full potential.
You should brush up on the rules, rule #7 in particular.

Megasquirt is powerful. If you already have it on your car and you dont want to learn how to tune it I would just sell it. Obviously you dont know what you have in your car. There are plenty of megasquirt forums for you to search and learn from.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are afraid to tune it yourself forget about it sell it and goto a shop and buy a ecu from them and let them tune it. I run MS2 on my 420a and if you dont know anything about tunning, you will run into alot of problems.

·
Registered
180 Posts
x97dsmx said:
If you are afraid to tune it yourself forget about it sell it and goto a shop and buy a ecu from them and let them tune it. I run MS2 on my 420a and if you dont know anything about tunning, you will run into alot of problems.
That goes for any standalone. Megasquirt/emspro is very user friendly compared to most standalones out there. Get on diyautotune.com and talk to dieselgeek he'll be the most help. He's probably the biggest pioneer of this product and why its where it is now and a very good tuner as well. Had him tune mine and i cant vouch enough for him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
don't get intimidated by it just take the time do your reserch and f need be ask questions. it will probobly cost you more to pay someone to tune it than it did for the whole unit. there are many options out there for megasquirt just do your reserch.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
thumper_1151 said:
don't get intimidated by it just take the time do your reserch and f need be ask questions. it will probobly cost you more to pay someone to tune it than it did for the whole unit. there are many options out there for megasquirt just do your reserch.
You should read rule number 7 in the rules. Caps are a must.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It can do pretty well with the fuel, but you can get more gains from tweaking the spark table. Unfortunately there's no spark equivalent of a wideband - at least, none that's affordable to the average Joe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts