DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many miles has everyone put on their cars, and how much repairs have u had to do to them, i.e. bad this or that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
my car has 60,000 miles done and Ive had to change the battery, the clutch (the day I got it, previous driver ripped it apart), and that's it, I've loved this car, anything else I've had to replace was done by my choice, modifications, dislike etc...

·
Registered
701 Posts
179,000 miles. Pretty much everthing has been replaced at one time or another and Im in the process of rebuilding the engine now.

-Dave

------------------
91 GST AT

·
Registered
161 Posts
It was purchased with 20k miles. It has 80k on it now. I have instaled a timing belt, clutch, lower front right control arm, right front axle, battery, and three sets of tires :) :( the control arm broke going down the road. Thats what happened to my axle :(

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I bought mine 10 months ago. My car was bone stock when I got it. Don't remember mileage, 120,000 something. I went through it and did a lot of replacing parts that didn't really have anything wrong with them at the time. The only thing I have had to fix was the harmonic balancer. I think once I turned up the boost, the balancer didn't like that. I have about 136,000 now.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ive got ~107K on mine. Only thing to break was the transfer-case and slave cylinder. The t-case gave me the run around because the everyone I talked to said I needed an new tranny. Well after I took the t-case apart I found my problem. Has anyone everseen what happens when a bearing ring explodes? ;) To make a long story short it cost me $300, I found a t-case for a steal. Thought it needed new beaerings, it didn't.

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
882 Posts
I bought mine w/34k and it has 40k now, as far as I can tell, noting's been replaced, and I've done nothing other than give it a tune-up and a couple oil changes...

~Jon

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I have 73,000 on the 95 Talon and I bought it with 28k. I have replaced the timing belt, battery once, tires once (only cause the others were stolen with the rims), and the water pump.

Knock on wood :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Harmonic blalacer will go out at ~120K

------------------
Carmen P.
1991 Eclipse GSX

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have about 24k on mine. Bought it with about 20k 6months ago.

------------------
95 Eagle Talon TSI - Stock
87 Buick GN - Not Stock

·
Registered
748 Posts
Change timing belt every 50K or so.

I got my 97 gst with 37K on it. Now it has 46K. From day one, the power steering has made chirping sounds when humid, rainy, and at cold starts. I'm always annoyed by the little things that most people don't notice. Not a big fan of Mitsubishi quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts