DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to swap out my 4G15 for a 4G63T and I was wondering what other parts I would need to make the motor fit and work properly? I planned on ordering the complete engine from the Internet and having it locally installed. I just wasn't sure about what else I may need to purchase to make the swap go smooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
um...dont bother ordering anything. the 97+ mirages cant swap in a 4g63T easily. 96 and under cars can do it with minor modification, but you will need to spend MAJOR cash to do a 97+ swap (sean glazar did it, but it made his car non streetable, another guy has spent over $12,000 and still doesnt have it in and running yet)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that just sucks...are you sure that this is true for 1g and 2g engines? I planned on getting the 1g because I heard it is better than the 2g.

·
Registered
195 Posts
hes not talking about it being easier to swap a 6bolt over a 7 bolt. hes talking about the difficulty of getting it to work in the 97+ mirage where as... its easier to do the swap in an early 90's mirage. If you can find an 89 mirage turbo, te swap is drp in swap, you just have to chage the MAS and the ECU if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm...ok let me get this straight. Any 4g63 will not swap easily into my 97 mirage sedan? Are there any motors that will? The 1.5L i have now is killing me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the 93-96 mirage require slight mounting modifications for a swap, the 97+ require someone who knows enough to do custom work, prob around $10,000-$20,000 for the work, at least a couple months of HARD work at the least, and is not really worth doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, well that just broke my heart because there goes my hopes and dreams :(

anyways, do you know of any other engines that would swap in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont think so, my friend had a 97, he had big hopes for it (importing a Evo IV engine, etc, but ended up selling it and buying a RHD JDM Evo V *street legal*), but people were telling him that it was very hard to do any kinda 4g swap, maybe you could sell your car and get a 4 door 96 (evo III conversion)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was afraid of that...i've just put so much time and money into this car already...it'll be sad to see it go

oh well...thanks for your help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i've seen those around...my year has those in the LS model. I just wanted an engine actually worth paying for. I think the 1.8L has 119 hp or something like that...and i planned on turbocharging my car...that's why I hoped for the 4g63T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts