DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Ford Mustang v6
So I was looking around my engine today (my check engine light is showing for code P04030 and I can’t get it to go away so I was seeing if I could see why) and I noticed that I’m missing both the motor mount bolts on the driver side of my car. I then had a friend start and rev the car with the hood open so I could see the engine and it’s jumping a few inches every time he revs it. How bad is it to drive like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The code isn't going away because you likely have a bad catalytic converter in bank 2. Not such a good idea to be driving if the main engine bolt going through the mount is missing. And don't mean to be an ass, but this is a DSM forum...not a Mustang forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The code isn't going away because you likely have a bad catalytic converter in bank 2. Not such a good idea to be driving if the main engine bolt going through the mount is missing. And don't mean to be an ass, but this is a DSM forum...not a Mustang forum.
oh I’m sorry I didn’t realize, I was just looking for a place to ask a question and saw all the car questions so I figured I’d give it a go. Sorry, but thank you anyways for the answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts