DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys, I was scrounging in the J'yard and was looking around the 1997 Mitsu Galants and spotted a MAS or MAF (its the intake thing). My question is, is it the same as in the 2G and can I hook it up in place of the 1G mas thinger....I've seen the 2G MAS/MAF and looks exactly the same. I've heard that the Galant VR-4 one fits(not sure on that either). Just wanted to check with the DSM guru's. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
407 Posts
You could compare part numbers... When I get a chance (probably once I'm back in Ames) I can try to get you the part number for the 2g MAF so you can compare.

One thing to note is that the plug for the wiring might be different, but I've got a soldering iron if you need one :D

Also, I'm liking the new rims. Good find!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmspaz said:
You could compare part numbers... When I get a chance (probably once I'm back in Ames) I can try to get you the part number for the 2g MAF so you can compare.

One thing to note is that the plug for the wiring might be different, but I've got a soldering iron if you need one :D

Also, I'm liking the new rims. Good find!
DSM Loki said:
The 7g galant maf is the same as the 2g turbo maf, yes.
Hallelujah!!!! Thanks Loki and Charles! I will be hitting the yard next week!

OH btw Do I need to tune the car after I hookup the MAF?

·
Registered
407 Posts
2G MAF in a 1G

Only time it mentions tuning there is if you're installing larger injectors too. As I figured, the computer does all of the compensating, since you're not changing the data it's getting.

And it doesn't look like you'll need a soldering iron, if you want to go the easy route. I can help you out if you need it, feel free to give me a call.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There are 2 different one's on the later Galants and Diamantes, make sure you get the #609 ones.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
na94eclipse said:
I, myself saw a Galant in the junkyard the other day and was thinking the same thing. Where do you look for the 609 encoding?
There is a sticker right on top. You'll see it as soon as you pop open the hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts