DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard from corporate that the Factory MOD event this year will be on October 4th at the plant in Normal, IL. I don't think they have the flyer created yet, but this will be the official date.

I'll post more info when I get it.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
About an hour from me, I'll be there!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh also the cops in normal and bloomington are VERY strict. Our sound ordinance for stereos if they can hear it loud enough that they think it is a distraction to drivers at 75 ft away. You will get pulled over, 500 dollar fine, and car will be impounded if you cannot pay the 500 upfront they use your car as bond for the fine. So keep the stereos down low and try not to race on veterans parkway to many cops.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
x97dsmx said:
10 minute drive count me in. Anyone wanna meetup at steak n shake before we roll in?
Hey I'll meet up at steak n shake before we roll in.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sounds good I know of 22 dsm's from the normal and Btown area that are going to meetup at steak n shake.

8 Evo 8's
4 1g awd's
3 420a turbo's 400+hp
and 7 GST's and GSX's 2g's

I will list more of the people who are gonna be at steak n shake. We usually goto hooters but most of the kids cant afford it and were being rude to the ladies working last year.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
x97dsmx said:
Sounds good I know of 22 dsm's from the normal and Btown area that are going to meetup at steak n shake.

8 Evo 8's
4 1g awd's
3 420a turbo's 400+hp
and 7 GST's and GSX's 2g's

I will list more of the people who are gonna be at steak n shake. We usually goto hooters but most of the kids cant afford it and were being rude to the ladies working last year.
Any Talons? lol.

Just get me an address/time and we'll meet up and go. Is there any good racing or and after thing going on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me and a few guy's from Nebraska are going to come. I think we are going to stay in chi-town for the weekend. I am looking for some local's to hang out with while we are there. I tried to get on chi-town dsm forum and does not like my email addy.:mad:

·
Registered
80 Posts
We went last year and just made a weekend out of it and stayed in a hotel.
We had a great time and came home with a §hit load of free stuff.
I think we will definitely be going again this year. Won't be able to take the DSM...it's just too long of a drive for it.
Oh, I should mention I HATE INDIANAPOLIS!!! We got so confused in that town trying to find our way out...put us back about 1 hour in time. I hated mapquest that day!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is anyone going that is from out of state and will be staying in a hotel near by? If so...what hotel?
Last year when we went, we were the only DSMer's staying in our hotel and others from out of town stayed in another...but I don't know which one it was.
I'd much rather hang out in the hotel with all the other DSM's.
:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.