DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess its just A problem on 1999 eclipses but if you take your car back to the dealer they will clean the monkey spunk off for you. It's actually A sound dampener they sprayed on but what A mess.

[This message has been edited by vince orrico (edited October 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
303 Posts
Are you talking about that black gooey stuff which is near impossible to remove?

I'm just scared to have em fix it...car always comes back in worse condition..not to mention with more dings and scratches.

Fear dealers...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats the stuff I'm talking about. As far as the dealer is concerned Im sorry. The dealer out here is pretty good. I was impressed anyway and I hate other people working on my car. It's A pretty harmless proceedure. They take the door panels off and clean all that crap off. The dealer even ordered me new plates at the bottom of the door jamb because they got A little disscolored from the solvent they used. What supprised the hell out of me is I didn't even complain about it they just went ahead and did it.
All I know is I wouldn't want to be the poor bastard cleaning that gunk off. It took the dealer about 4 hours.

------------------
inzen intake
greddy profec B with remote switch
RS*R exhaust
Greddy boost & EGT guages
upgraded fuel pump
short throw shifter

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow..must be nice to have a decent dealer.

My thought was to ask them to replace the steps too....there is just no way you're gonna get that off w/o discoloring it. Fortunately I got if off the paint w/o any damage to it.... Atleast its getting colder here now..so it;s not running.... but god forbid...inside panels must be a mess.. Have to give it 4-5 attempts before the doors will open (with the remote keyless entry).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard it got so bad for 1 guy he was trying to roll up his window and it got stuck in the goo and wouldn't roll all the way up.

------------------
inzen intake
greddy profec B with remote switch
RS*R exhaust
Greddy boost & EGT guages
upgraded fuel pump
short throw shifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts