DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Buscher fuel pump upgrade will it eleminate fuel cut?
Even though I have not yet had fuel cut I want to get rid of it... Im pushing 17-20psi
max...1gen 14b
Kid-tsi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply..
but how am i supposed to get rid of the fuel-cut....WITH OUT THE HACK MOD..
kid-tsi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is "Todd's mod"
Is the hacked mas mod easy...
Is there any damage that can occur over time,
with the hacked mas?
Please help..
Joe

·
Honorary Moderator
1,600 Posts
//What is "Todd's mod"

If and only if you have an ECU with an EPROM in it (not all do... most don't) then Technomotive (Todd Day) can modify the memory in the EPROM. He can among other things change the actual airmass value that the ECU will initiate fuel cut at to some rediculously high value so that it is never actually reached. Check it out at www.tmo.com

//Is the hacked mas mod easy...

It's hard if you don't know what you are doing. It's easy if you have a kit (2~3 hours tops). I'm not going into a sales pitch here so email me if you want details on the kit. You can take a step in the hacked MAF direction from just removing the lower honeycomb. Do it right and it can be put back in later if you so desire and you will slightly back off fuel cut. Leave the top honeycomb right where it is though. A fully hacked MAF is non-reversable. but 1G MAfs arn't expensive.

//Is there any damage that can occur over time, with the hacked mas?

No not really. But you are getting rid of a defense mechanism the computer has... so now it's up to you to take care of your car. I strongly suggest getting an a/f gauge before doing any modds to the MAF or getting an AFC. The more you mod the more risky things get... that's just the way it is. Always understand what you are doing and know what to watch for at the levels of mods you have.

------------------
Quadcylla
92 Laser RS-T FWD

[This message has been edited by Quadcylla (edited October 12, 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts