DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I installed eibach sportline springs and AGX/GR2's. Everything has been fine but recently there is excesive gap in the right-front well. the rest of the car is sitting like it should ( lowered 1 inch) but that one wheel well is high enough to get 4 fingers between the tire and the fender. Im curretly living in a dorm and all my tools are at home. i was seeing if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same problem. Its causing my car to steer hard to the left when I accelerate. I looked under the car and saw that when the car sits on the tires the left front wheel's axle is flexed all the way up toward the struts. This means that the right wheel is actually correct and the left wheel is too low. It is making my ride uncomfortable and dangerous even though the alignment guy said it was safe. I'm getting it checked out on Friday by an expert. I'll let you know then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
91EclipseGSX said:
A few months ago I installed eibach sportline springs and AGX/GR2's. Everything has been fine but recently there is excesive gap in the right-front well. the rest of the car is sitting like it should ( lowered 1 inch) but that one wheel well is high enough to get 4 fingers between the tire and the fender. Im curretly living in a dorm and all my tools are at home. i was seeing if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be.
look around supraforums.com

most of the supra guys with eibach springs have the same problem
and i dont believe it ever goes away

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I don't know, but in the instructions that came with my prokits and shocks, it says to get an alignment right after getting them installed. Could that be it?

on a related topic... I measured my stock height before doing my coilover installation that went to hell and my passenger side front was 3/4" lower than my driver side front. That caused some vibration on the highway at 70-80mph.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Keep in mind that the 1G's tend to lean to the drivers side. Take a look under the hood, the motor is mounted closer to the driver. I have see it on many 1G's and I've allways assumed that it was due to the position of the motor in the engine bay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:sigh:
as I said, look on supraforums, theres a million complaints about Eibach springs not all settling equal

and no an alignment wont have anything to do with your springs
just camber/toe

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill take a look at the site. i dont think it is due to the engine. this has sort of recently been noticable. i would almost say that it is higher than the stock gap or darn near the same. i do have camber kits from extreme installed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts