DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know where to start but my car is doing wired things. First off my car smokes oil after boosting and i cant figure out what it is. It does have a new 16g turbo. I drove it a few nights ago and the cel came on and then went off about 2 mins later and then my afr gauge just went to lean and then nothing. It still doesnt work and sometimes it will read of the last bar of lean. Also it doesnt start right away like it should and some times it takes a few tries to get it started. The guy that had it before me had no idea what he was doing:chair: . It did eat antifreeze but after i took the thremostat out it stopped and now i put the lines back on that go through the throttle body. I also have postive pressure on the one vacuum port on the passengers side of the car. My boost gauge is reading 15 on idle vacuum. could it be my pcv valve that is clogged?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for all the bad typing but i was in a hurry and i still need some help. I checked the PCV valve and it works fine and i took it for a test drive and i don't see any smoke from the exhaust after i floor it. I bought the car with a Walbro 255LPH pump, 16g turbo, Apexi N1 3 inch straight exhaust, Apexi SAFC, Greddy type rs BOV, FMIC, RC 550cc injectors, ACT 2600 6 Puck clutch and a Fidanza Flywheel. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not recirculated. It runs fine with it like that until i got to stop at a stop sign and i push in the clutch and it will drop and most of the time stall. It could be all the way leaned out but im not getting any knock or jerking when boosting so its not too lean or too rich. I have the crappy afr gauge that connects to the ecu and it just like died on me and now i got no readings. I also heard that the 2g MAS sensor causes this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its also hard to start when you leave it parked for a hour or so. It could be the wiring going to the pump as when i turn on a turn signal or something like that the fuel pump like goes high then low like the turn signal. I don't know whats up with that. I did throw a cel but i haven't pulled the code since i don't have a scanner. I also took out the thermostat so could that cause the problem? Im so tired of working on this car cause once i get something fixed on it something else breaks on me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You have a long list of problems, the first being in over your head on a complicated car which has been made even more complicated by the previous owner's shortfalls. Do these things before any more driving:

1. Get a thermostat, they are $10 if that.
2. Recirculate the BOV. YOU MUST DO THIS.
3. Rewire the fuel pump. The turn signal thing is because your upgraded pump is starved for current on it's OEM 18 gauge wire. There is a rewire kit on ebay for like $20.
4. Get a wideband and tune it yourself, or pay for it to be professionally tuned. "im not getting any knock or jerking when boosting so its not too lean or too rich" is the kind of logic that will have you buying a new engine.

I suggest a lot of reading as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
ssearles said:
You have a long list of problems, the first being in over your head on a complicated car which has been made even more complicated by the previous owner's shortfalls. Do these things before any more driving:

1. Get a thermostat, they are $10 if that.
2. Recirculate the BOV. YOU MUST DO THIS.
3. Rewire the fuel pump. The turn signal thing is because your upgraded pump is starved for current on it's OEM 18 gauge wire. There is a rewire kit on ebay for like $20.
4. Get a wideband and tune it yourself, or pay for it to be professionally tuned. "im not getting any knock or jerking when boosting so its not too lean or too rich" is the kind of logic that will have you buying a new engine.

I suggest a lot of reading as well. Good luck!
+1 on this

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man. I am going to purchase a wideband tonight. Ok that makes sense about the fuel pump being starved of voltage. Ill go on ebay now and buy one and install it. Also, does anyone have a link to a service manual and a owners manual? I need a schematic and a vacuum diagram. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.