DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the many post made in the past about the Moroso oil pan. I like the quality of Moroso stuff as my dad is a v8 guy and has a handful of Moroso objects on his car. My main concern is I have heard more bad things about this pan than good. With that being said I also realize that these post range from 2-16 years ago. My main questions are about if they have fixed previous issues . Has anyone ran this pan RECENTLY and not had any issues ? The questions I’m looking for answers to are :

did they fix the arp main stud clearance issue or am I going to have to beat my brand new pan with a hammer ?

Any leaking issues involving poor quality control? (Broken/cracked welds, pan out of straight , etc.)

any other complaints with the pan as a whole?

thanks everyone !

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
In 17 years that I have been messing around with these cars I haven't heard of anyone ever running a Moroso pan. I'm not saying they're bad just no one bought them. It always seemed like your money could be better spent else where. Just my opinion.

Speaking of pans. Right now Dorman repops the stock 6 bolt pan. Part number 264-247. They're super cheap and really nice oem quality too. I have had new oil pans from Mitsu in the past and these are just as good. I got mine for $51 with free shipping. Just google the part number. My only complaint is the oil drain plug it comes with is crap. I replaced it with a new stock plug and gasket. Best bang for your buck as far as oil pans are. Thats less than most of these guys pay for crusty used one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts