DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE:
so I was able to get the driverside motor mount on, but now when I jack the oil pan up the car lifts with it so I still can't line up the lower mount bolt holes. Didn't get a chance to work on loosening the crossmember tho :/

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've always had great success by doing the roll stops (front and rear mounts) before the driver's side and trans mount.
Can you elaborate this for me please? Do you mean rock the car back and forth?

Sorry for double posting, didn't see this earlier

·
Registered
938 Posts
Roll stops are the front and rear motor mounts. Some people refer to them like that because they keep the motor from "rolling" under accel/decel.

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
Rather than trying to remove the crossmember and shit, just drop the engine in, do the front and rear mounts first, then the driver's side, then the trans mount. I'm not sure how but you're making this seem like rocket surgery.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This does appear to be quite an endeavor. Personally, I would start over. Do the roll stops first, as stated, and then the drivers side and trans mounts. A cherry picker is also a good idea, as you can suspend the motor and "fenagle" it, (finagle, funagel...) instead of just prying it everywhere.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You could also try using a drift pin in the hole to line it up. That's how I do it and have no problems. With poly mounts, once it is lined up it stays close.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Rather than trying to remove the crossmember and shit, just drop the engine in, do the front and rear mounts first, then the driver's side, then the trans mount. I'm not sure how but you're making this seem like rocket surgery.
Bingo! I just did mine as a mater of fact. Didnt line up like yours since we did the back then sides and last the front. Do it like this.
1. Get bracked for rear mount in place but do not bolted into place just yet.
2. Have the front mount already on the motor and line up holes bolt onto engine bay...ect ect.
3. Now connect the rear one and bolt up after front is aligned and torqued down.
4. Connect Left and right remaining motor mounts.

Wham Bam Thank You Maam. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aerokroil the rust bolts everyday for about a week, sometimes less. Then hit it an impacted. If you dont have one try tapping on the bolt head with a hammer.
If you dont hve PB blaster to remove rusted bolts. A great recipe is put half Acetone and half transmission oil in bottle, Shake it really well n apply. Works better than anything

21 - 28 of 28 Posts