DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The guy is 70ft down the block. Dont run from a cop, duh.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No he didnt win. He came around a corner. Started to take off from the cop again and hit a car and then a light pole. Then slide 70ft. and was carried off twitching on a stretcher.

So to clarify, Yes the guy on the motorcycle lost.

I think if I had a bike I woud run, but I would be carefull too
If your running its too late to "be careful"

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that HAD to hurt! motorcycles are damn fast, but it's way stupid to try to out run the police!
Remember, he hit a car and THEN that pole.

·
Registered
82 Posts
street sleeper said:
I think if I had a bike I woud run, but I would be carefull too.
Like Chris Rock once said.... Everybody knows that if the cops have to chase you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with 'em....

·
Registered
26 Posts
The big difference is that when your driving or riding for fun you are more "in tune" with your real speed. When the lights come on behind you and the pucker factory goes up and you go. You start to go faster and get tunnel vision. Either behind you or in front of you and thats when it happens, you don't see that car or whatever and WHAM!! Or you are taking a curve and you start to lose control and think, "I have done this a thousand times, why am I about to crash or why did I crash this time?" Well you were prob. going ALOT faster than you thought cause the po-po is behind you and you do have alot to lose. When you run all you worry about is going faster and faster to get away, when that curve gets in your way it can be a real bitch. Trust me, it's taken several years and alot of training to "calm" myself down and watch EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sorry but its pretty much common sense to not run from the cops especially if its something as minor as a traffic ticket. Just take the damn ticket and move on. Rather then try to get out of the ticket and move on to the grave. Its staying open and as a Sticky.

·
Registered
570 Posts
RNN14GTI-R said:
Sorry but its pretty much common sense to not run from the cops especially if its something as minor as a traffic ticket. Just take the damn ticket and move on. Rather then try to get out of the ticket and move on to the grave. Its staying open and as a Sticky.
That's why.

Common sense, people. No matter how fast you think you are, you'll never be able to outrun fate or a two-way radio.

Is getting out of a ticket worth dying for?

·
Senior Moderator
3,398 Posts
No point in running unless your doing 120 and the cop was goin the other way going over 60+, and your house with your nice open garage is right over the next hill. Otherwise... pull the hell over!

If your wanted and you must escape, pull over and have a footchase, *much* less danger, more fun and a higher percentage of people escape in foot chases then car chases :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope everyone is getting the point of this.......seems to be soaking in slowly on some.

why is this a sticky?
He was carried out twitching on a stretcher and is most likely dead. Its to remind all of us turbo freaks of our limits.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's kinda weird but it works the exact opposite of what people think. If you know your busted and just pull over instead of running the cop looks at you like you have a brain and you know what you done and sometimes you might just get off on a "Since I didn't catch the other guy too, I am only giving you a warning!" (Believe it or not I had this happen to me twice!) Cops really are pretty cool about it if your not a jackass.... just my .02

later
-Matt

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I made it a sticky because some people take things to far. Its only a traffic violation. Do you want to die or be crippled because you didn't want to get a fine or risk losing your license? I'll leave it a Sticky for a week and then let it go.

·
Registered
430 Posts
nothing against the experienced riders out there but it seems as if when ever someone gets a bike they think they're the king of the road. Cops are obviously very good drivers so trying to run from them isnt exactly too smart

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have gave people some pretty BIG breaks, I really can't get into it, for using their brains. I have got some weird looks to, the uuuuuhhh look is a common one when they THINK the are getting a ticket or worse and all they get is a warning. Now they may sit there for a little bit while we have a heart to heart but it saves them some $$$ and I give them "our" point of view.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have gave people some pretty BIG breaks, I really can't get into it, for using their brains. I have got some weird looks to, the uuuuuhhh look is a common one when they THINK the are getting a ticket or worse and all they get is a warning. Now they may sit there for a little bit while we have a heart to heart but it saves them some $$$ and I give them "our" point of view.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts