DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I think this qualifies as Racing, so I posted it here. This is a Suzuki Samurai with a 4g63 engine for mud drag racing. They just race 150 feet, but it's fun as hell! This one is a new project, first time ever runned was last week and made 3.8 seconds if I remember correctly. It has LOTS of room for improvement, but anyways, here are some pics, enjoy!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Better cover up that timing belt!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hardcore DSMer said:
I was thinking the same EE...
When you run a race, how much mud ends up under the hood and how much in the IC?
What kind of motor mounts, solid?
That is f-in sweet!
Somewhere between 10-15 pounds of mud in the IC!! HAHA just kidding:p
But really, mud doesn't get in the engine bay, I really can't explain why or how, but it doesn't. You gotta see how it gets on the outside!
About the engine mounts, I'm 99% sure they're solid.

On a side note, there are some things missing like air filter and a few other things. This project was on kind of a hurry so they could make it to last week's event, by the way, the timing belt broke the night before the event and bent all valves, but they got it running by the morning!:eek:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
turbolover said:
That sucks, looks like it would be fun as hell to go muddin in!

Isn't that turbo a little overkill with the mods it has..
Hehe maybe, but you actually want some lag on the mud!:D Also, more mods will be coming, so better to buy a good turbo from the first shot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.