DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding a good muffler for my 1992 eclipse gs fwd car non-tourbo. Do any of you have a sugestion on a muffler i should get?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If your worried about looks an apexi N1 or similar canister style muffler is very popular. If your looking for sound and a cheap price the Hooker powerflows sound great and they flow as much as a 2.5in straight pipe for around 45 bucks from summit.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Do you have the Part Number for the hooker powerflow. Would this muffler make it sound loud as to wake up the neighbors in the morning at 6:25 but yet sound good? I just want to do that since they rev it all the time and they got those big crapy trucks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heres a link. Its actually a "maximum flow" muffler. It came with my AHP 3in turbo back w 3in cat. It says it works best with lower compression (8.5:1) and is good for systems with cats. http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESHHM/MaxFlow.html
I'd say that its probably the best muffler for my application. AHP did thier homework when choosing this muffler as I have 8.5:1 compression and a cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts