DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take the wife out tonight and get a hot dog and some italian ice since it was nice out and I just got the car running. Even though she hates the car. Go for a ride, eat some food, she's scared shitless of how much of a monster the car is.
On the way home, some punk kid in a riced out dsm tries to mess with me and my radar is going off so I just ignore him. Then it stops beeping and I just give it gas in 3rd to pull next to him and he down shifts.
BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
goes his car and I just gave it like 1/3 throttle in 3rd and walked right past him like he was an old lady in a wheel chair rolling backwards down a hill. Radar starts beeping and I lay on the hooks. Cop makes a U turn and the kid turns off (being that the cop was in his lane) I go straight and he pulls me over.
Didn't ask for my insurance at all. Cop was cool, gave me a ticket for 59 in a 45. I don't condone street racing and never really ever do it, but it was the 1st time in a long time my car was running and it was running awesome.
Cop said that I beat the other guy but he decided to pull me over I guess because I "won"

I'm not doing this again. It's a big loss. $115 ticket. $10 food
I just looked at the wife and said I'm glad we can share this moment together. Her reaction = priceless.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah it does, guess I deserve it for being stupid. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in like 7 years. I used to get seat belt tickets all the time, but that's about it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
you should ask "So how was it from your point of view" :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
DAAAAAMN DUDE!!!! In the black eclipse? I could imagine the look on that kid's face. Either way, like Dave Chapelle says "N***a sometimes you gotta race." I condone your street racing, the ticket sucks but still, you're an adult. Good thing the cop was cool.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lucky 'asses'. In Central California; if you were caught by a "cop" street racing... = you get your car impounded for at least 30 days. 30 days impound fee = $350++, plus the ticket... = A ton of money (strictly up to $1,500 a ticket for street racing during summer time; stated from the head chief officer of the city). And it really is nearly about 100% chance of the time that you will get impounded in my city (at least). :(
No excuses on racing... just say you don't want to get flamed at... :rofl: Lol... :D

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is why I don't live in California.
Yeah, I don't condone street racing, and this is the only time I ever posted in this section and the other other times I will is if I get lucky enough to beat a vette or if I'm at the track.
All in all, the hot dog was good though.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Was it a good dog?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, and fresh french fries and good italian ice. Mmmmmmm, I could go for it again, except this time I won't bring the dsm to get it.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
I prefer "Non-oppressed Fries"

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn't racing I was trying to change lanes and he didn't let me, which is why I had to speed up.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Yep we believe you.:chair: lol..

At least you showed the kid what a real dsm should sound/perform like!
Either in front or parked on jack stands:p

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bet when the tial wastegate opened up it scared the shit out of him.
I'm going to have to clean the car up and take pics to enter in ride of the month. I haven't posted pics up for a long time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts