DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, after 9 years of clean driving I had my first at fault accident :(
I was going for a left turn at the lights, I go into the lane that opened up to the left, which wasnt the lane to turn left the lights, so when the car infront of me turned all I saw was a big median ahead. I slammed on the breaks and tried to swerve back into the lane i came from, but some guy flying by in a Neon on the phone smashed into the side of my car.

Hopefully Insurance Company takes good care.
What do you guys think? Rough estimate of damage?
Should I Paint my car black and murder it out? :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
What level of coverage do you have on the car?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm in Canada, so we have full coverage.
It's going to be a $200 deductable
I'm not sure if they would write my car off, I don't think its worth more than $4K, so if the damage is more than $2000 with labour they would write it off.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Thats shitty man, at least be thankful there covering it, my dad just recently backed into my car and there saying because it was his car its not covered:confused: fuckin thiefs if you ask me..

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I like how you say it's your fault and then say "some guy came flying by in a neon on his phone and hit my car"

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Burnett03 said:
I like how you say it's your fault and then say "some guy came flying by in a neon on his phone and hit my car"
I'll take the blame, he took my lane after I left, doing it fast and furious style. Possible avoidable had he not been on the phone, He had the lane beside him open. But it's my fault for swerving back into his path.

·
Registered
613 Posts
That sucks man. But at least it looks fixable. Just a fender and a mirror, maybe the door depending on how bad that is.

·
Registered
382 Posts
AirZoom said:

Well, after 9 years of clean driving I had my first at fault accident :(
I was going for a left turn at the lights, I go into the lane that opened up to the left, which wasnt the lane to turn left the lights, so when the car infront of me turned all I saw was a big median ahead. I slammed on the breaks and tried to swerve back into the lane i came from, but some guy flying by in a Neon on the phone smashed into the side of my car.

Hopefully Insurance Company takes good care.
What do you guys think? Rough estimate of damage?
Should I Paint my car black and murder it out? :)
If he wasnt on the phone, maybe it wouldn't have happened. :(.

·
Registered
212 Posts
well all i see is, 1 you need to buff out the white paint with a power buffer and and a good cutting compound. 2bend the fender back(will be fine ive done it, just protect the edges while prying) 3 buy a new mirror 4 use a little touch up paint. = almost good as new for under $100 and insurance dosnt hve to be botherd

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I claimed it under insurance. Because it's my first accident I don't lose any points on my license. Just a $200 surcharge. My deductible is $200 also. So for $400 I get my car fixed + his car. His Neon was damaged badly too, door wouldnt open, fender messed.

Insurance said $2400 damage on my car including parts & labour. Not a write off. I already took it to a shop who will hopefully be taking the car in this week. While there i'm getting a bunch of other things taken care of and the whole care will possible get a respray minus the roof :) I'll post pics when finished.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome work! Even though the accident gave the car a battle scar kinda mean look haha. But agreed itd be nicer to have a shiny car than a beat up car with a broken mirror :/

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Turns out my car is a heaping pile of rust.
Thankfull everything is being cut out an fixed up. Hopefully the car will be finished resprayed this week. Car should be mint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts