DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Moderator
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHECK THIS OUT, here is what they did, I just made a huge payment on the Talon paying it off... So I was BROKE! but i HAD OVERDRAFTED A LITTLE AND THIS IS WHAT MY BANK DID TO ME!!! i dont know if you can read this statement, but I overdrafted around 23$ and they charged me 80$ in fees!!! I have overdraft limit of 400$ so If I made ONE check for 300$ i would get a 20$ fee but since it was 4 little overdrafts I have to pay 80!!!

Someone will die tommorrow!!!!!!!!

Heres the statement...

Current Balance $–101.39

08/19/02 SERVICE/MISCELLANEOUS CHARGE
PAID OVERDRAFT FEES 20.00 –101.39

08/16/02 EFT / ATM WITHDRAWAL
AC-PURCHAS EXXONMOBIL26 09908823 1.07 –81.39

08/16/02 SERVICE/MISCELLANEOUS CHARGE
PAID OVERDRAFT FEES 20.00 –80.32

PAID OVERDRAFT FEES 20.00 –60.32

PAID OVERDRAFT FEES 20.00 –40.32

08/15/02 EFT / ATM WITHDRAWAL
AC-PURCHAS MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT 12.95 –20.32

AC-PURCHAS SUNOCO 5.00 –7.37

AC-PURCHAS NEW CHINA CHEF 4.06 –2.37

08/14/02 Check #434 View Image 209.52 1.69

·
Senior Moderator
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dates are going from down to up, that check cleared ok, it was just a tough month and I wanted to finally pay my car off!

·
Registered
495 Posts
that sucks. mind if i ask which bank? that's such a scam. banks will gouge you every which way they can. i bank @ Bank of America. they are the absolute worst. they'll charge you a fee for breaking wind. i hate B of A. the only reason i'm still w/ them is because they have ATM's everyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thats exactly what banks do...their whole systems are usually set up just to get you as good as they can if you mess up. my advice: call the number on the back of your atm card and explain the story (or make up some bullshit) and sometimes if youre really nice theyll take it off. i dropped bank of america cuz they were always assholes about it (and charged me 5 bucks a month to keep a checking account) ...went to first union free checking...and they take overdraft fees off my account all the time...good bank.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I second that Bank of America thing. they suck my ass, but they are just so convenient cause they're everywhere. They once charged me a $28 overdraft fee for an overdraft of $.73! Can you believe that shite! What I dont get is if you dont have money in your acount, why do they still let you use your check card?!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not to be an ass, but make sure there is money in there before you buy stuff. I know soooo many people (including my girlfriend) who buy stuff and put the money in the next day. I'm not saying that you do this, but If you know you could possibly overdraft, you've gotta deal with the consequences. When one goes through, everything else afterwards will overdraft also. This is how it works at every bank I have heard of. It is assholish, but totally within their rights. I have only overdrafted once, and have had my checking account at the same bank for almost 10 years now. One small tip is to put 10 bucks in the account and FORGET ABOUT IT. If you keep up on your register, don't include that deposit. That will protect you from those stupid overdrafts where you go over by a less than a dollar. I do think that the amount of overdrafts have increased overall since the advent of check cards, though.:(

·
Registered
988 Posts
That sucks, but it's not too bad. Guy here at work deposited 2 grand in his checking account a couple weeks ago. Paid his rent the other day, only to find out his check had bounced. $200 fee from the leasing office just for that. WTF? Turns out the idiots at the bank entered his deposit into his savings account. I'm pretty sure he had the bank work it all out with the leasing office, he sure was pissed though. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
them sound like fighting words :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts