DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to start up my car today, and nothing happen. Ok i said, no big deal battery is dead I'll just jump start it. Drove my car without any problems came home. 2 hours later went to start up my car, nothing happen. Had to jump start the car again. So I drove around for awhile and everything is find. I came home shut off my car. Two seconds later try to start my car nothing happens!!! Now this is really getting frustrating, my car just started doing this all of a sudden. Does anyone have an idea why my car would be doing this. Thanks for your posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a similar problem and it was an easy fix. Just check and clean the battery terminals and then tighten them down. My terminals didn't look like they had corrosion on them but there must have been some. I haven't had a problem since. Hope yours is an easy fix like mine was. Peace.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok hopefully this will work, thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that didn't work. i went ahead and slapped on a battery I had laying around. Charged it up, and the same thing happen. Maybe its time for a new battery. Does anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Well that same thing happened to me last month. What I did was hook up a multimeter up to the battery when the car sat overnight. The reading should be around 12.6v. If ist lower than that like 10v your car will not start. Than I jumped my car with a charger and checked the multimeter and the voltage went up to like 14.9v. I set my Turbo timer for 30 seconds and ran to my multimeter to see what will it say when the car shuts down. Sure enough when it shut down the voltage dropped and kept dropping below 12v. Bad Battery. Had a Diehard with warrenty still on it so got a new Die hard Gold for SUV (Its a grey battery) for 10 bucks. Never had a problem since. I think you need a new battery. they don't warn you, just die.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah I'm starting to think thats it. I thought it would be a little more complicated than that. I'll get a battery tomorrow and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
767 Posts
All the symptoms you stated point to a bad battery, one that cannot hold a charge. I take it that you battery is the original one that came on the car when new?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You most likely have a parasitic draw from your alternator. I had to jump start my battery everytime to start car. Got sick finally figured it out, changed my alternator and everthing was fine!

Look up parasitic draw on YouTube

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Fella's look at the date before you reply. This was most likely resolved 18 years ago...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts