DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
wow. its your antifreeze. what was it under? timing belt side or maybe resivore side? Sounds like its time to change a waterpump...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its def anti freeze, i just checked my coolant and it was empty so filled it with more. Is this expensive to fix?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took a closer look, its leaking by the timing belt side like a mad man, its dripping from like 3 different spots.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like its coming from the seams from the oil pan where its bolted to the engine, and close to the oil filter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
dunno about normal aspirated, but the turbos have an oil heater/cooler, fed by coolant from the engine. there are 2 flexible lines that are inlet and outlet to the sandwich cooler. one of them is probably the culprit, and they are a bitch to get at. it also could be the water pump, but they will usually just seep a bit, and look like oil coming from the lower part of the timing cover. another very good reason to switch to the 90 t/e/l air to air oil cooler, and lose the sandwich.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my neighbor checked it out and said its def the water pump. How much will a mechanic charge me? he said the alternater belt also needs to be repleaced.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey see when the last timing belt job was done. get it all out of the way at once. it cost me 45 bucks to fix my leaking waterpump. but i did it myself. i think that the dealers will rape you on that though. if you have any expierence working on engines like these do it yourself. it will sav e you alot of money. but make sure you get everything first. the timing is not something you want to screw around with if you dont know what it does.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much money are a new pump and belts? I dropped my car off today at this guys house, he said he'd do it for $200 for labor

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
Re: Re: my car is leaking green stuff

RippinGSX said:

:dunno: Radioactive alien blood maybe. :rolleyes:
ROFL.....you had me going for a few minutes with that one, Steve :D

Anyway, what's up?? Long time, no talk :)

·
Premium Member
12,621 Posts
I got a new job that actually requires me to work during the day, go figure. I just used your make your car fast not retarded over at tooners in the 20" wheel thread :D I'm not going away, I just don't have as much time anymore and must play with my child when I get home, you know, prioritys :D:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
it's probably the coolant hose behind your oil filter. its a bitch to get at. you gotta drain your oil, drain your coolant, remove the filter, then remove the hose (you need very small hands to disconnect it). The molded hose costs $14 from Satan. Since you don't know what "green stuff" is maybe you should just bring it to the shop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"green stuff" Omg lol, not to be mean but come on. I think even my mom would be able to diagnose this mysterious green puddle. And she cant even check her fuses properly. :rolleyes:
Now that Im done being mean.
If possible, do the work yourself, I think want1g's right. $200 vs $45 is a big difference. If you dont know what youre doing, then yeah take it in.
Either way good luck w/ that green fluid. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts