DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive swapped alot of things.. ive replaced some things... Here it is.

When i turn ON my car, i read lean o2s, and it slowly climbs to FULL RICH.. and THATS where it stays. No ifs ands or buts.

I can drive the car... put my foot the slightest bit on the gas, and i get a FULL RICH mixture.

I can let off the gas at any speed or any point and get a TOTALY LEAN mixture that wont even show on the gauge (which i know is normal under NORMAL decel. but my car is NOT normal)

At NO POINT can i get the o2's to fluctuate like they should. Its either FULLY RICH or FULLY LEAN. Period.

Ive replaced the o2 sensor already yes. Ive changed wires and plugs, tested and cleaned the ISC motor. Cleaned the TB. Replaced the BISS screw AND o-ring. (which WAS leaking by the way and my idle problem is still there)

AT IDLE: here is my theory.

My car is running rich... SO... i have to set my biss screw almost ALL THE WAY closed to compensate for it.
Sometimes my car wants to run rite, and will lean out a bit. BUT. My BISS is so far in, that when it leans a bit.. the car wants to stall.

THIS is where im getting my idle surge. When it doesnt surge... it runs at 1k rpms and reaks of gas.

COULD IT BE:
Bad TPS? Dirty Or Bad MAS?? I cant see it being the o2 sensor because my problem has NOT gotten better with the new one compaired to the old one.

Can some one please help me out. Ive got a week left on my temp tags, and i have to get an e-check on this car. It already failed once before because of this running rich problem.. and it will fail again.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Maybe it's an injector or fuel system related problem?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AluH20 said:
Maybe it's an injector or fuel system related problem?
COULD be yes.

The guy that had it last said he took out the injectors to have them cleaned... He knows a little about cars, but im not sure how much exactly.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I FIXED IT!!!!! WWWWAAAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!

BAD MAS :mad:

Im going to pick up another one shortly!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
im having the SAME problem, how did you figure out that it was the MAS and how much are you throwing down for a new one?

oh yea and congratz!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TSITALONGUY03 said:
im having the SAME problem, how did you figure out that it was the MAS and how much are you throwing down for a new one?

oh yea and congratz!
PMed you back :rudolph:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeah, how did you know it was the MAS? I'm having issues with my barometric pressure sensor :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
SpdKlzU said:
Yeah, how did you know it was the MAS? I'm having issues with my barometric pressure sensor :(
if the baro code is tripped, it's the MAF, usually it'll trip three at once - the baro and I can't remember the other two... at least on a 1g

I've never heard of a 2g MAF going bad?

-aaron

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thanks for the reply man. I only get the baro code though. Do you think it could still be the MAS?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
SpdKlzU said:
Thanks for the reply man. I only get the baro code though. Do you think it could still be the MAS?
best way to check is find a local DSM-er and swap MAF's and see

-aaron

·
Registered
866 Posts
Okay, thanks man. I've been meaning to try and switch it with one of my friend's.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts