DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got my rewire kit off ebay, very good looking kit BTW, I would say the sellers name but I believe there is only one person who sells them anyways and I cant remember it right now. So I got too far ahead of myself and not thinking, here is what I did:

The circles are the wires that shoulden't have been clipped and the triangle is the stock 12V source. Notice the farthest right circle which shows the problem...

As you can see I got ahead of myself and clipped wires I shoulden't have. All I can say in my self defense is I must have wanted to get rid of the ugly stock connector. :rolleyes: :eek: Anyways I know I can hook the two back up but what do I do with the one that has no wire left on top of the pump?(yellow w/ blue line) What does this do? Can I just make it bare and clamp a connector then tape it for extra assurance?

BTW if you want to help me confirm the rest is done right here is a before and after pic. Dont ask me what the before was wired according to but the car somehow ran like that and thats how I got it. Big reason I wanted to rewire besides helping maintain fuel pressure.

Before: (Yes, thats the 12V wire cut and somehow unused)

After:

For wire sizes I used:
10GA Power from battery to 30 on Relay
12GA Ground to 85 on Relay
14GA from old 12V wire pump side to 87 on Relay
14GA from old 12V wire car side to 86 on Relay

Soon to come 14GA for all the lines I clipped.... :(

Thanks for any help/reassurance! :tree:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well good news for me, underneath the blue soft cover is the place the wire connected... Solderlessly too!!! I pried it apart very carefully with a pick so I didn't bend the ears on the connection and break it off. I am going to go ahead and clamp and tape up some 14GA to get the three wire connected back up. Anyways let me know what you think of it and I will get newly finished pics when I am done!

·
Registered
308 Posts
LOL I saw the title of this thread and I thought, "there's no way this guy messed up worse than me". If you had been on here a couple days ago you would have seen my thread about how I created a disaster when rewiring my fuel pump. When going through the firewall I was trying to use a screwdriver as the instructions suggested but I couldn't get it to puncture the rubber.

That's when I got out the drill, and drilled into a bundle of wires on the other side of the rubber. Yeah, I didn't see the bundle that brached off and went upwards because I was doing this in the dark like an idiot, and it was taped in black. Ended up severing and fraying 7 wires in that tight little spot, and didn't know I had done it until the next day. So I spent a whole night trying to figure out why my car was going nuts. Well it's all fixed now after about two full days of wiring and soldering in that tight little spot under the battery tray.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha actually I did read about that. The only reason I was so worried in my situation was the little ears on those connections are so frail besides I didnt think they could pry apart as I thought they were soldered. Anyways I got it all worked out I hope... (Can't test it, the car doesn't run yet!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.