DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
NINJA7 said:
Do you need a head Nick?
I pretty sure that I will. Do you have a spare?? PM me with info please.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Tevenor said:

Duh. Nick always needs head, he just can't get any. :D
LMAO, Too funny!

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Taboo said:

Which makes me wonder about Ninja's offer.. :D (J/K)
LOL!
Every valve on the head is bent really bad. Ill get a picture of it.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My valves

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Ouch... Nick, you have the worst luck ever. As I remeber, you said you think your oil pump seized (which would explain the stripped teeth on the t-belt). You should definitely take the oil pan and the front case off since it's most likely the rear balance shaft spun the bearing and possibly also ate the block. The front case will most likely be damaged as well, so you'll need to replace the complete oil pump assembly (front case + oil pump gears + oil pump cover). When you're at it, yank the front shaft out as well and reverse the bearings so they cover the oil holes and eliminate both shafts. Don't worry about the block (if it's damaged by the balance shafts) and JB Weld the bearings to it. With the new oil pump assembly, used head, new t-belt, seals and gaskets, etc., you're looking at some 7-8 hundred bucks of investment.. I'll email you.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
more pics

Here are the pistons:

another one of my head, see the rocker arms laying there?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Taboo said:
Ouch... Nick, you have the worst luck ever. As I remeber, you said you think your oil pump seized (which would explain the stripped teeth on the t-belt). You should definitely take the oil pan and the front case off since it's most likely the rear balance shaft spun the bearing and possibly also ate the block. The front case will most likely be damaged as well, so you'll need to replace the complete oil pump assembly (front case + oil pump gears + oil pump cover). When you're at it, yank the front shaft out as well and reverse the bearings so they cover the oil holes and eliminate both shafts. Don't worry about the block (if it's damaged by the balance shafts) and JB Weld the bearings to it. With the new oil pump assembly, used head, new t-belt, seals and gaskets, etc., you're looking at some 7-8 hundred bucks of investment.. I'll email you.
Talk about bad news. I am sure he never wanted to hear that.
I think your best bet Nick is to buy a JDM engine and call it a day.
You are looking at more than $2500.00 to get the car functional again.:eek:
You might as well sell the car and start over dude...:(

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
NINJA7 said:

Talk about bad news. I am sure he never wanted to hear that.
I think your best bet Nick is to buy a JDM engine and call it a day.
You are looking at more than $2500.00 to get the car functional again.:eek:
You might as well sell the car and start over dude...:(
Na, Ill just get it started and sell it.;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
OUCH!!! Nick, I am afraid that when I pull my motor, it will look just like yours!!!

I have some news for you about options as I have been researching what mine are... since we are in the same boat, I'll share them with you :) :santa:

I'll email you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats up man, your in Sterling Hts too? This is what Im thinking happened:
Driving along, oil pump seized breaking off about 1 ft of timing belt teeth, the belt slipped on the crank and the pistons hit the valves. I don't have the head off yet because I cant find a damn 11mm allen hex head socket. But I will find out sooner or later.
Same problem. I found they don't have a 11mm. I thought that too, But 4g63 has 10mm.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts