DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it first went from warm to cold then to warm over like a 30 min span. now it went from normal to hot. luckily on the hot one i was 300 ft from my house. and it did it in 5 seconds. i was thinking the thermostat? i dont know where it is or how difficult the job is. the car has 62k on it...its a 93 tsi awd with an mbc set at 14 psi and a modded maf which i did today.... and a k & n..thanx

·
Registered
31 Posts
CAREFULL, Several things can cause this. I had a water pump go out on a GS-T temp went up down it was on a long trip I pulled over saw nothing kept going kept it doing itso I pulled in to a lighted area to find the water pump was leaking. Also I have heard of a loose water pump belt causing increase in temp. CHECK YOUR COOLING sytem very good.... With your milage you need to replace your timming belt and ALL other belts I would replace the H20 pump too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my water pump doesnt appear to be leaking. i bought a thermostat today. i should put it in tomorrow which is tuesday...ill post the results. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts