DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the intake manifold fixed and yet my vaccume is still at -11 he said he found a hose that was split down the middle and he replaced it, I was thinking of buying the silicone hose kit from RRE and redoing all of the hoses. Do oyu guys think that would fix my low vaccume problem?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I looked at the vfaq, and tried to get the spockets to line up but I just could'nt do it, are they suppose to line up in between thesprockets or are the suppose to line up on the outer side of the sprockets and then use a ruler to check? How do I get them to line up? I tried turning it over to get them to line up but I could'nt get it by luck.

thanks

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Put the crank at #1 TDC with a 1/2" ratchet (so the notch on the crank pulley lines up with the T mark on the timing belt cover). You want TDC on #1 cylinder's compression stroke... this is when the crank is at TDC, and the dowel pins on the cam gears point to 12:00. So line the crank up with the T mark and see if the dowel pins are at 12:00. Only turn the crank clockwise.

Once you have the crank at #1 TDC, verify that the timing marks on the cam gears are lined up with each other. Then put your ruler so it goes through the center of both cam gear bolts. The timing marks should line up with the ruler. If it's a tooth off on either gear (usually the exhaust cam) you'll be able to tell pretty easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts