DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been battleing a Fuel cut type of problem. At first I thought Boost leak, than I found I didn't have any leaks. Than Thought fuel, That was fine. Than started messing with the 1G modded BOV and found that the Valve Dejon sold me somehow opens a brief second and drops all my boost and thats why it feels like fuel cut. I'm sick of it!!! Its random but so annoying!!!! Plus The valve flutters in 4th gear while boosting. It does not hold!!!!!I need a good BOV.

The problem is that I need one that recirculates because I still run the stock mass sensor. I run 25+ psi now so need one that works, recirculates and that does not need a extra part to make it hold that much boost.
Suggestions Please!!!!????
:confused:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Greddy and HKS have blow off valves that you can attach a recirc fitting, they can easily hold 25 psi, I'm not sure what other brands sell the recirc fitting... But those 2 will meet your needs.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jp90Talon said:
Tial now offers a recirc bov that looks like a bong but its pricey.
I thought its not out yet. Do you have a link to it?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
tarantula said:
I thought its not out yet. Do you have a link to it?

You could be right I just figured it was out by now. Your best bet is to check the Tial site. Maybe even drop them an email....they might sell you one early for "testing".

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tarantula said:
Thats what I'm looking into.... I see they have a 2nd ver. Is it any different?
Researched HKS, and found that compressor surge is an issue. I ask one of my friends that has a friend with one on his 2G and he told me that high boost = excellent. Low boost = flutter/surge.

So Now the last one to look at is Syncronic but not many have used this. Any imput on these?

·
Registered
5,386 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The_EE said:
They are the ROCK!

I have one and I love it.

Not much of a sound clip but it works.
I don't care about the sound....Do you have a picture of it installed recirculated. Also I read that the set screws are junk...Whats your opinion.

And for normal driving, do you have flutter? (I know they hold to 100psi so thats no worries)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
NO problems with flutter with everything hooked up right. I have had no problems with the stock set screws. I have checked them several times and they have been holding just fine.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nice set up. I see you T'ed off the two ports on the back and left side port open.
I researched this... Have you tried it or does it seem to work better the way you have it.
To everyone that picked up a Synapse BOV in the recent GB. Your setup may be a little different from what you read in the tuning manual. After extensive testing, we are finding that the DSMs (EVOs included) perform better by having only Port B on the BOV connected to Boost/Vacuum. You still need to run Port C to boost-only.

Why does this make a difference? The geometry in the BOV generates 4 unequal surface areas. The ratios of those surface areas to one another, and which one gets boost/vacuum, changes the response curve of the BOV. If this is going over your head, just play around with running both ports on the back vs only 1 port on the back to boost/vacuum.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
That is an older picture. I now have the side port hooked up too. It fluttered ever so slightly with it not connected, nothing I would complain about. I've been doing lots of different configs on vac settings trying different things out.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Maybe because it's a synapse bov? And Jason, nice evo kill ;)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The_EE said:
That is an older picture. I now have the side port hooked up too. It fluttered ever so slightly with it not connected, nothing I would complain about. I've been doing lots of different configs on vac settings trying different things out.
Ok, So how did you hook it up. I'm going to buy this unit tomorrow if they have it at Group 5 Motorsports. (Local to me)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Hook the top nipples to a boost source and the bottom one as well, both will pull vac when you let off.

It will show you in the instructions.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The_EE said:
Hook the top nipples to a boost source and the bottom one as well, both will pull vac when you let off.

It will show you in the instructions.
Have you tried hooking it up like I posted in post #13? That quote is from the manufacturer of the Synchronic BOV on DSMTuners regarding hooking the BOV to DSM's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts