DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help.

i sold my stock (98) infinity head unit to a friend with a 95/96 Talon. he also has the infinity head unit w/ amp but it is a different system than mine (no CD apparently) at any rate, it plugs right in, and he has the correct security code, but after entering the code nothing is happening.

i was wondering if any of you had attempted to put a '97/98 infinity system in place of your 95/96 version. and if so did you have any problems with the installation or operation?

i did some fairly extensive searching but most problems i found were code related. i need to know if the two are interchangeable. the buyer assumes there is some problem with the ECU/Stereo compatibility. i also read that you must hit the "tape" button to enter the code instead of just the 4 numbers. i cannot remember doing this when it was in my car, but its been awhile since i've used the radio.

i could really use a hand..........thanks guys.

much appreciation.

Brett

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I hit the power button before.It asked for the CODE,i then punched it in and then you hit tape button......Try that.......

That's right the 95-96 Infinity system didn't have a CD player.It came with a EQ instead.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody else. everywhere i've been asking around i find people that have gotten this setup to work without a problem.

anyone know otherwise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts