DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well basically my car(1993 Laser 1.8l) has been running like complete crap for the past couple days and I was wondering what the problem might be.. like today it completely died at an intersection out of nowhere, the car was running perfectly fine then that happened... and earlier today I was moving the car out of the driveway and I had the rpm's at 2k and suddenly.. car stalled.. all day today it has been stalling out of nowhere and I was wondering what the problem might be as I would like to have this problem taken care of as soon as possible, thanks for any help in advance..

·
Registered
612 Posts
I would look @ the spark plugs air filter and fuel filter as well...... maybe you have fouled plugs, clogged air or fuel filter. I know my car was stalling when the fuel filter was plugged(I am reffering to my 90 1.8L GS). I changed it and the plugs and had a HUGE improvement... This may be something you want to do anyway if you still have the original fuel filter on from the factory like mine was.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i can almost gaurantee that your plugs or plug wires are going bad. i learned the hard way... i took it to the mechanic the first i noticed the same problem you described and it was the plugs.. then about 3K miles later it did it again and it was the wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts