DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you may have seen my other thread, in which I explained accidentally drilling into a bundle of wires:chair:

Anyways, I have repaired all the severed and frayed wires except for one, which was severed and I can only find one end of it. I'm afraid the other end branches off into an area I can't reach, unless maybe I can get to it from under the car but it would be a real bitch if at all possible.

Coming to the point, the wire is small (about 20 gauge) and yellow with either silver or white dashes. I looked at the ECU pinout diagram with wire colors here: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/281763-2g-turbo-ecu-pinout-w-wire-colors.html and there is no yellow/silver.

Does anyone know this wire? I'm hoping if I can't rebridge it I won't be screwed since it doesn't go to the ECU and being so small I suspect it is a sensor wire, hopefuly for something relatively unimportant....

Edit: I should mention the wire in question runs along the big bundle of wires that goes through the firewall under the passenger glovebox, and branches up towards the driver side in the engine bay, not sure where to.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I have an update, I found one source saying that the yellow wire with silver ticks is the fuel gauge wire. Can anyone verify? I will be checking on that tomorrow if nobody can confirm.

Also, I believe it is safe to assume that no two wires will have the same color pattern in the vehicle, correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.