DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here's the deal. I just got my car lowered(a friend<expert> helped me). We installed my neuspeed springs(the one's that lower it 1.2") and tokico shocks(non-adjustable). Everything went smooth and looked perfect. When we finished, I took it for a test drive and felt the wheel pulling to the left hard. I thought instantly that it was the alignment. I got it aligned(with my camber kit installed) and there were no problems, but when I drove it, it still steered HARD left. The alignment guy checked it out and showed me the problem: The right front axle was straight, while the left front was flexed up towards the body like this { }=tires \_____=axle
{
' \_____}

Kind of(its hard to illustrate). Anyway, this made my left wheel well about an inch smaller than the right and therefore when I accelerate, the right wheel has more force on the ground and pushes the car to the left(only in the front).
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. Is my front left axle damaged or is it another component. I need to know because I don't trust any mechanics in Brooklyn(no offense to anyone).

·
Registered
721 Posts
Possibly an improper spring install. Pull the front suspension and check the height of the springs on the shocks. Check to make sure everything is balanced out, you may have missed something. Are the front tires the same size? Curious, why did you buy neuspeed springs with tokico shocks?? Why not Eibach??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-The tire tread is actually different, but that should not make the axle flex as much as it is. It is literally at a 45 degree angle while the other half on the right is straight.
-And I was led to believe that neuspeed springs are are almost equal in quality and strength then eibach. One of my friends sold them to me(new) at a price I couldn't refuse, also. The tokico springs are also ideal for a 1.2" drop(although my comfort has decreased significantly).
-Anyway thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to switch my new tire to the back one of these days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Try taking everything on that side apart and putting it back together. Make sure the washers are on the right side of the bolts and what not too.

I would do boh of them at the same time. Look at it for a good while when your done and make sure something isnt obviously off.

Also check the spring postions...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts