DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt the correct place to post this question. But I need a quick answer if anyone knows. I am assembling my motor as you read this and would like to get it in today. I got to the point of torqing the pressure plate to the flywheel. I have a aluminum Fidanza Flywheel and a ACT clutch and pressure plate setup. I dont want to over torque and strip the aluminum flywheel. I checed in VFAQ and either I am blind or I missed the torque specs for pessure plate to flywheel. I dont see it anywhere and looked a few time. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I searched and found some more info saying 14-16lbs of torque for stock and a few people said 25lbs and thread lock if you have a ACT 2600 which I do. The pressure plate is already torqued down to 25lbs with thread lock and none of them striped. So I am assuming it is fine and I will just leave it. I the the hole clutch setup wasnt in the best shape anyway so I think I will be doing this again fairly soon. Just dont have the money to replace it now and it does have some life left. Next time what is the correct torque specs for ACT 2600 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel 14-16 like stock setup, or 25lbs. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts