DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE PROBLEM:
THe car everytime i stop it picks an idle it is rarly the same. Like one stop 750rpm and the next 1200rpm. And it does surge very slowly like form 900rpm it like 1900 then back to 900 or 1200rpm and slowly goes up. Now the strange part. If i turn on the A/C it will make it idle normal like 750-800rpm. Also if im going faster lets say 45mph and i push in the clutch the idle surge is faster than if im stoped.

Hypothosis:
Leak by throtal body, or throtal body needs cleaning. Or ISC is bad.

EXPERIMENT:

Made the leak tester thing from vfaq. 20psi into the intake and NO leaks.
Replaced fuel filter
Replaced o2 sensor
Replaced spark plugs and wires
Cleaned the throtal body (2x)
BISS screw ajustment (umm lots of times)
Checked ISC motor. All coils are right about 32ohms witch is in spec
Changed gas stations (just maybe fix it)

Concusion:
I have no idea what is wrong. Iv done all this and still problem comes back. So i ask the rest of the DSM world what else am i missing? Any ideas of what could be problem or things to check?
Anything at all. plz help my last resort is coming up and that is taking it to a dealer, or local shop and have them try to fix my problem. And i do not want to do that!! so plz help me out here.

·
Registered
749 Posts
ask the mods to move your thread to the help forum to get more views, i got the same problem and i'd like to know what the heck is wrong

peace

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any admin want to move this thead to help forum?

·
Registered
749 Posts
lol you gotta send the mod of this thread a private message

peace

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey now dont laugh at me.... but iguess its ok b/c im dumb

·
Registered
749 Posts
nah its all good, not laughing at ya just gave me the giggles :p

peace

·
Registered
41 Posts
swap the ecu...

try swapping ecu...if all the changes/checks you did already...i had that problem and it was my ecu...(92awd)

yy

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could this be the EGR? thats the last thing i have not checked.

·
Registered
37 Posts
BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, change the O-ring on the BISS screw. I had the exact same problem, and that fixed it- for a mere couple bucks and 10 minutes of my time!

Chris 91GSX

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, change the O-ring on the BISS screw. I had the exact same problem, and that fixed it- for a mere couple bucks and 10 minutes of my time!
Seriously, 9 times out of 10 its just the stupid o-ring.
http://www.myzero.com/engine/surge.html

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seriously, 9 times out of 10 its just the stupid o-ring.
yea i did replace it i just forgot to tell you guys that. Maybe i will check it again. It was not as big as the stock on but fit perfect i got the size from that site there. Ill check it again tommarow maybe for some odd reason it broke or somthing

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
if its not as thick as the stocker....it will continue to surge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts