DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought this talon (1g) a while back and finally got around to throwing a boost gauge on...it was only showing 9psi. It has some serious cracks and burning oil so I got it rebuilt(helps to have friends with the hookup). So now that I got a good 14b on there im only showing 8psi now. Obviously I can make more (I yanked the vacumm line off the wastegate actuator and voila...mega boost) so my question is...

in what order should I troubleshoot the problem? I threw a hks bleeder valve on there (of unknown quality) and boost was never the same (ie 1st run vs 2nd run) and couldnt get it stable. This leads me to believe that the actuator is bad of course it could be the boost solenoid, so how do I diagnose my problem? I'd rather not just start buying parts and hope they fix it, unless I have to.

frisco

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you can, borrow a vacumm pump from a buddy and check the waist gate actuator's diaphram... JUST DON'T GO OVER -30 psi!!! (It might MAKE a hole in the W.G.Actuator Diaphram). -Just notice if it holds consistant vaccumm at different vaccume levels... who knows, it might just have a peice of dirt in it! Good luck

-Eben
94 Tsi

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know your situation exactly but, is your wastgate linkage free, are you able to move it. A vacuum pump will certainly prove your diaphrams proper performance. I know that you have checked all your vacuum lines involved with the soliniod.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The linkage is not free moving. I'll try and track down a hand vacuum pump and see if thats the issue. Thanks.

frisco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts