DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stereo in my GS-T which is one din then a little dsp which is half a din, which means I have half a din of empty space. Any ideas what i can put there that will only take up half a din? What have you guys done?

Maybe I should just junk the stereo and get a full doulbe din cd player.

Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Depending on how much you like to fiddle with your sound, you could always put a pre-amp equalizer in there... There are many high end half-DIN EQ's out there...
Or, you could install the Greddy turbo timer there. I believe that would involve a custom bracket though...

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is what I've done: however I only had a single DIN radio with a full DIN left over :D

(thats a elec. Oil Press gauge there ;) )

I have thought about something a little different, like the Blitz panel. But I think they only work for 1/4 DIN. Your dsp is a full DIN width right?

Well, for 2 1/4s, I was thinking of a gauge with the 2 quarters besides it (TT & EQ)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put all my switches for everything in that space, I have 5 lighted duckbill switches there, one for a constant power source (when this is turned on the other switches opperate regardless if the key is turned to acc. on in the ignition or not, when turned off all other switches shut off when the key is turned to the off position). I have a switch for my stereo head unit (alpine 7893 that sits above in the 1 din space) a switch for my amp that powers my subs (the cd player must be turned on for this switch to opperate), a switch for my various interior lights (none which can physically be seen) and a switch to turn my radiator + air conditioning fans on to cool the engine between runs at the dragstrip. The good non-ricey thing about the lighted switches is that they only are lit when they are sending power in the "on" position, if the constant power switch is off AND the car is not turned on or in the acc. on position w/ the key, no switch will opperate, none will be lit, and all accessories will be off. I'll post a pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts