DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

new 02 housing and manifold and major problems (help please)

458 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  90TurboTSi 
#1 ·
I have a 90 turbo AWD, I just bought a new tubular O2 housing and a ported 2G manifold. I put them on my car today, it went ok, a few little complications but nothing major. When I finished i naturally took it for a ride, out of my driveway and slowely accelerated to allow the turbo to let oil fully run through it. I then gave it a little more gas and at about 3500RPMS it started to make a poping noise and then jolted. I then got off the gas and tried it again, it did it again. I let the car warm up completely and then I loked at my A/F gauge, it was saying that I was holding very rich. WHen I got home i could smell a strong odor of gas. When i had a friend rev it up as I watched there was definately far more then normal amounts of crap comming out of the exhast and smelled strong of gas.
Now im trying to figure out if Im dumping fuel or what. I checked all of the connections and vaccume lines, they were all ok. My best guess at this point is the 02 sensor but dont see why it would just act up. THe only thing i did was switch it form the one 02 housing to the other.
THe other wierd thing its doing is when I rev it up and then let it go (neutral) the idle drops really low and one time turned off. I dont understand the car ran perfect this morning and now it runs like ass.
If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it
thanks
Jon

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.